Confessions

SO IF YOU DIDN'T SEE I UPDATED LAST CHAPTER CAUSE I MESSED UP THE TIMELINE PLEASE GO BACK AND REREAD THE LAST CHAPTER. CHANGES WILL BE AFTER TANJIRO AND NEZUKO LEAVE!

When they were on their way back Tengen said "Let's make a detour."

Yumiko didn't understand but didn't mind walking a bit longer. He took her to the place where they had their first picnic. Tegen went over to the tree and guided Yumiko to do the same. She didn't know what he wanted but she just went with it.

Tengen brought her under the tree and began to speak. "I believe you are one of the most incredible people I have ever met. You may have a hard time showing it but you do care for people even though you don't want to admit it. You are strong both mentally and Physically. You truly are a wonder."

Yumiko was dying of embarrassment not knowing what to say or do. Her face was red and she stayed silent. Her face said it all to Tengen though.

Tengen got down on one knee. "Yumiko, I truly believe that you are incredible even if you don't. I am doing this because I have grown to love and care for you just as I do with Hinatsuru Makio and Suma." Yumiko's heart skipped at the very least ten beats as Tengen reached for his pocket and pulled out a box revealing a ring.

"Yumiko, will you marry me?"

Yumiko was stunned. She didn't know what to say. Because of Tengen she was actually enjoying her life but she hasn't been honest with him or the others.

"I will but before you fully commit to me I feel like I should be honest fully with you about me and my past." Tengen was confused; he put the ring down and they sat on the ground together.

"Upper two isn't hunting me but he will come for me one day. You see when he killed my family I didn't care. They all feared me because of the title they gave me. 'The god of Spiders'. Everyone feared me so I resented them. When Douma found me my spiders ambushed him and got me quite a bit of distance. He caught me however. He was amused by my attempt at escape and decided to take me to his home."

Tengen's face turned to shock. "He took you in!? How are you alive right now!?"

Yumiko looked down in shame. "He raised me to be the perfect demon. He wanted me to learn to fight as a human. He first tried Upper 3 who specializes in hand to hand combat but he refused. From what I can tell no one likes Douma except for Upper six who is indebted to him. The next demon he asked was Upper moon one Kokushibou. He trained me in the art of the sword and total concentration breathing."

Tengen couldn't believe what he was hearing. "So it wasn't a disgraced swordsman who taught you but a demon. Why did you keep all this to yourself?"

Yumiko began to tear up. "Because I wanted to be a normal member of the demon slayer corps. I knew if the Hashira they wouldn't view me as a teammate. They would view me as a soon to be demon. I don't know when Douma would make good on his promise but I swore to kill every demon I could until then."

Tengen had a lot to take in. He leaned forward and kissed Yumiko on her lips and then gave her the tightest hug she has ever experienced. It wasn't painful but comforting. Yumiko broke down and cried into his embrace.

"Yumiko. You will never have to become a demon. Not on my watch."

They held each other for another hour and then returned to the sound estate. When they walked in the door Makio yelled. "Where have you been?!? Come on, we need to know!"

Tengen laughed and grabbed Yumiko's hand to show the ring. The girls jumped for joy.

Yumiko was truly happy for the first time but she had to ruin the somber moment. She told everyone to sit down and Tengen sat next to her holding her hand as she spoke. Yumiko told Hinatsuru, Makio and Suma the truth of her past. When Yumiko saw the love and acceptance they gave her, she broke down again. Never in her life has she seen such kindness.

Once they were calmed down they soon prepared for the next mission and set off as always.