The Hashira Meeting

Over the next six months Yumiko was almost fully recovered from the fight and regained her strength. Mori yelled "GO TO THE DEMON SLAYER HEADQUARTERS! THE MASTER HAS SUMMONED YOU AND SHINOBU TO A HASHIRA MEETING."

Yumiko was not excited for this meeting. She felt that she didn't deserve it. Shinobu almost dragged her out of the butterfly mansion. It was a peaceful walk. Shinobu and Yumiko bonded over the time they had together.

Once they got to the mansion Yumiko saw two tall men. One was at least 7ft tall and the other was well over 6ft. There were two others of about average height. One with long spiky black hair and the other with short white hair and scars.

One of the tall men had prayer beads and a green haori. The other had two nichirin swords and had gemstones on a headband and red eye make-up on his right eye. He seemed interesting.

The white haired one said "Well who the hell are you?"

Yumiko was taken aback by his hostility. "My name is Yumiko. I am the newest Hashira. I am the Arachnid Hashira."

The tall man with the makeup looked down at her. "Well that was unflashy. Add some more pizazz in the future."

Yumiko looked confused. "Um okay. I don't really know how to do that. Maybe you could teach me." Yumiko was trying to make any conversation without dying on the inside and outside.

The man said. "Fine I'll teach by example" He jumped in the air and did some acrobatic moves. "I am the god of festivals and flashiness, Uzui Tengen!" It was almost as if you could see the sparkles emanating from his body.

Yumiko pondered and said "Okay i think i got it. I'll try again." Yumiko saw the tree above them and she did a couple of fancy moves and the spiders came crawling out of her clothes. She grabbed the highest branch she could and the spiders made out of silk a rope. She held onto the rope and said "My name is Yumiko and I am the Arachnid Hashira."

Everyone looked in awe of her and Uzui said "Now THAT is how to be flashy!"

Shinobu once Yumiko got down from the tree checked her wounds and scolded her for being so reckless. Yumiko shrugged.

"Well what are your names?" Yumiko looked at the other Hashira and waited for an answer.

The tall one with the prayer beads said "My name is Himejima Gyomei."

The man with the white hair said "Shinezigawa Sanemi"

The man with the long black hair said "and I amTomioka Giyu"

Yumiko smiled and tried to shake all of their hands. Shinezigawa refused, however. Yumiko didn't care but she felt like she had to make a good impression. Despite Uzui's childish mannerisms she found herself drawn to him. He infatuated her for some reason. Maybe because of his free spirit, his flashiness or maybe it was none of those things.

The master's children announced his arrival and everyone kneeled quickly before him. "Hello my dear children. As you have seen, Yumiko is the newest Hashira in our ranks. She was only recently a demon slayer but on her first mission she killed a lower moon."

Uzui almost pushed over Giyu. "Your first mission!? How is that possible?!"

The Master looked at Yumiko with a look that was asking if he could disclose the truth. She looked at the master with uncertainty. "She was trained by a man who did not let her graduate until she could defeat him in combat. He was a disgraced Hashira."

All the Hashira looked at her and weren't sure what to make of her. The master continued. "She is almost fully recovered and can go back to work. However I don't want her to be hurt badly again. She will be traveling with one of you for an extended period of time."

Yumiko looked up at the master and said "Respectfully Master I can handle myself. I don't need a Hashira bodyguard."

The master looked at her and said "I disagree. There is an Upper rank demon hunting you isn't there?" All the Hashira stared at Yumiko. She stayed silent and looked to the ground and clenched her fist. That was enough to confirm all their suspicions.

"Well that settles it. Yumiko will be going with Uzui Tengen and his wives."

Yumiko looked at Uzui and without thinking blurted out "WIVES?!?!" Uzui looked at the Master in shock. "Master with all due respect, why me?" The master looked at Uzui and said "Because I believe she could learn how to interact with people normally with you."

Shinobu nodded and Yumiko felt like she had been rolled over by a horse carriage and they backed up and ran her over again. She was crumbling under the embarrassment. Uzui began to laugh hysterically when he saw Yumiko's reaction to that comment.

"Well I can't say no to that face! She looks like she's gonna die over there!"

Yumiko just got more red in the face.

The master laughed. "Then it is settled. Yumiko will go with Tengen."

Shinobu decided to ask the question that was on everyone's mind. "Yumiko we were together for six months and you never once told me of this. I am Curious. Which upper moon is hunting you?"

Yumiko was in a corner and didn't want to say but she had no choice. "Upper moon two. His name is Douma and he has been hunting me since I was a child. When i was staying at the flame estate I used to say things like 'weaker than the demons im used too' That was because Douma set the standard for me. In truth I do not feel worthy of the title of Hashira but the master insisted on me becoming one. You don't need to think of me as your equal bu-."

Uzui cut her off. "You earned your right here just like anyone else here and in the future. It may have felt like a small feat but I assure you it isn't. Take pride in your ability. Not everyone is as special as you."

"Well at least one person thinks I'm special." Uzui was not happy with that response but decided it was a conversation for later. The master dismissed everyone.

Gyomei came up to Yumiko after the meeting and put his hand on her shoulder. "You have a bright future child." Yumiko looked at him and said "I am 18 so i am no longer a child." Gyomei smiled and began to cry. "Young one. Be careful out there and if the upper moon ever finds you, don't be afraid to ask Uzui for help."

Gyomei put his hand on Yumiko's head and rubbed her head a little and then left. Shinobu gave her the cold shoulder. Sanemi just said "Good luck." Giyu came up to her and gave her a small charm for good luck and then walked away without saying a word.

Uzui yelled for Yumiko. "Come on! It's time for you to meet my wives!"

Yumiko went to Uzui's side and left the mansion.