The wedding

When the next morning came they all began to plan the wedding. Tengen offered to take care of logistics if they can plan decorations and help Yumiko find a good wedding dress. Everyone agreed to those terms and Suma almost dragged Yumiko out the door to get her a dress. Tengen in the meantime wrote to the master and informed him of the wedding. Tengen asked if the master would allow them to use the demon slayer headquarters as the place to hold the wedding.

The master wrote him back by the end of the day. "Tengen, I am so happy to hear of your wedding to Yumiko. I would love to host your wedding. Whatever you need when it comes to food and even help with getting ready we will always provide."

Tengen was ecstatic. Over with the girls Hinatsuru took Yumiko to a place to get wedding dresses. It took a couple of hours but soon Yumiko found the perfect dress.

It fit her perfectly and all the girls loved it

It fit her perfectly and all the girls loved it. It was a similar style to their own clothing. They scheduled the wedding for a week ahead of time. They knew that the hashira would be able to come and that was all of who they were inviting plus the master's family, the Rengoku's and Kanao.

They prepped the Master's home for everything the day before and the master gave them a room to stay the night. That night however Yumiko couldn't sleep. She felt that if she was turned into a demon it would hurt him and the others too much for them to bear. She decided she needed a walk. She took her demon slayer gear just in case. Tengen noticed her leaving and decided to follow her to make sure she was safe. Yumiko wandered pretty far.

"Well you are getting married huh?" Yumiko's eyes widened and she held her sword out. Tengen knew it was a demon but he waited for the element of surprise.

Yumiko seemed terrified as she held her sword. "Don't you dare! I am about to be truly happy! Please Douma, Don't! I know you don't feel emotions even when you were human but please let me just live my life!"

Douma began to laugh hard. Tears began to form in his eyes. "I am truly sorry but your time isn't much longer. You will become a demon soon." Douma began to reach out his hand.

Tengen cut off Douma's hand and stood in front of Yumiko. "Tengen! Leave while you can! Please!"

Tengen said "Remember, you are my top priority. All of you are."

Yumiko held her sword confidently once again and held her ground with Tengen. Douma was truly stunned by their will. He laughed even harder than before.

"Well I guess I can leave you a little longer but I promise you, you will become a demon soon." He laughed more and then he disappeared. Tengen grabbed Yumiko and picked her up and brought her back into the safety of the wisteria.

"Hey, I understand you were scared but don't freeze like that. You can't just let him take you."

Yumiko looked down. "You know the last time I saw him I was at the flame estate. Shinjuro was too drunk to sense him and Senjuro was sound asleep. He told me my time was limited. I didn't think he would come now but I know he will be back soon."

Tengen looked down at Yumiko with a loving smile. He hugged her and said "Let's go back to bed. I can already hear Suma freaking out. Quite literally."

Yumiko had a face of 'fuck fuck fuck'. They ran back and Yumiko went at top speed. She sped past Tengen and got to their room first. She heard Suma and ran into the room. Suma screamed after Yumiko startled her.

"AAHHHHHHHHH!!!"

"Wait Suma! It's just me and Tengen will be here shortly!"

Suma calmed down and Hinatsuru asked what happened. Yumiko told them what happened with Douma. Makio said "That damn bitch will never hurt you! Just stay in the sun!"

Hinatsura said "Makio, she still needs to kill demons." Makio felt a little dumb so she got a bit angry. Tengen came in moments later. They all decided to go to sleep after that whole event.

The Master's wife Amane came in the early morning to get Yumiko. She was groggy but reluctantly got up. Amane and her children brought her to the room where she was to get ready.

Once they got the dress on, Amane worked on her hair and Suma worked on her makeup. Her hair was put in a bun and a wisteria hair pin went into her hair. Her makeup was nice and subtle. When Yumiko got to look in a mirror she was stunned with the work that had been done. Mitsuri came into the room and doted over how cute Yumiko looked. It was comforting to see her so excited.

Amane held her hand and said "Now it is time to go but since you don't have a father the master offered to walk you down the aisle."

Yumiko held back tears. With that encounter with Douma the night before it made her start relapsing into her old mentality. She walked out and saw the master. He extended his arm to Yumiko and gave his normal soft smile.

"Master. Thank you for doing this."

"Unfortunately I probably won't be able to do this with my own children. I can do it for you though."

Yumiko smiled and they began to walk. With every passing moment Yumiko could feel her heartbeat. They heard Music and then the master began to walk. She turned the corner and saw Tengen. His hair was down and he was stunned. He has no idea that Yumiko could look that beautiful.

As she walked down the aisle Yumiko and the master had a big smile on their faces. Hinatsuru Makio and Suma had on their old wedding dresses and stood by tengens side with the same goofy smile. The others who were there all had smiles except for sanemi and Obania. It was almost as if they didn't allow themselves to smile.

The master gave Yumiko to Tengen and the priest had them say their vows.

"You may kiss the bride."

Tengen was so excited he picked Yumiko and kissed her. They truly were the happiest they had ever been. Tengen knew that he had finally found all of his loves and Yumiko knew she had found them. Everyone clapped. Some shed tears and others just smiled.

When it came time for the reception Rengoku and Senjuro ran up to Yumiko and gave her a big hug. They both said how happy they were about this marriage and apologized for their fathers absence. Yumiko knew he wouldn't come but it would be rude if she didn't invite him.

The reception was amazing. They all danced and had a couple of sips of alcohol. Everyone congratulated Tengen, Yumiko, Suma, Makio and Hinatsuru. Yumiko got to do something she had always wanted. Yumiko got to ride on Gyomei's shoulders. She for once was taller than Tengen.

Yumiko went up to Shinobu and started a conversation. "Hey Shinobu! How have you been?"

Shinobu smiled. "Well it's good to see you again!"

They laughed and gave small talk. Yumiko decided to talk to Shinobu about something that has been on mind. "Hey. I wanted to apologize for lying to you. I know it was wrong and I know you are angry with me. You have no need to forgive me but I really hope you can one day."

Shinobu kept her smile. "Well I forgave you a long time ago. I understand having secrets. Just promise me you wont lie like that again."

"Yeah." Yumiko held out her pinky and Shinobu grabbed her pinky with hers. They smiled and enjoyed the rest of the evening.