The Demon Slayer Corps

That morning Yumiko knew she could leave now. She was strong and she could just 'go to the market' or something. Douma was comfortable now with her presence and believed she didn't have the guts to leave.That morning all the spiders except the ones who were there before her arrival got onto her body and she left.

Once she got out of town she ran at top speed. Yumiko's greatest strength was agility and speed. So she ran as fair as she could. She searched for the mountain of wisteria Kokushibou spoke of that was to the east. She ran so far east she collapsed.

She collapsed in front of a house with a wisteria crest on it. She got up and knocked on their door. An older woman opened the door. The woman asked if she could help.

"Where is the mountain of wisteria?" I heard that final selection takes place there once a month."

The woman directed Yumiko to the mountain but urged her to stay because the sun was going down. Yumiko thanked the woman but she had to get to that mountain that day. If she didn't she knew Douma would find her and kill her most likely or bring her to Muzan to become a demon right then and there.

Despite her legs giving out from running all day at top speed she continued at a slower pace to regain energy. She saw the mountain in the distance. She thought to herself it was close and went back to top speed. She made it after the whole day of travel.

Yumiko was the only one there so she decided to drink some water and have some of the food she bought before she left. Yumiko gave three decent sized pieces of bread to her spiders to eat. She told them since she didn't know when the next final selection was, they should rest up and maybe make a web.

Yumiko looked for a nice tree and passed out under the protection of wisteria. It was the most relaxing sleep she had had since she was a child. When she awoke a crow was sitting on her legs. She wiped her eyes to make sure she wasn't seeing things.

Yumiko then had a wave of fear go over her and she shoved the crow off and asked her spiders if they were okay. The spiders had not been harmed.

"CAWWWWW!!! YOU SHOULD NOT SHOVE ME YOUNG LADY! CAWWW! FINAL SELECTION ISN'T FOR ANOTHER THREE WEEKS!"

"WHAT THE FUCK YOU CAN TALK?!?!??"

"CAAAWWW! I AM A CROW OF THE DEMON SLAYERS. YOU MUST LEAVE THIS MOUNTAIN AND COME BACK WHEN IT IS RIGHT."

"But I can't! If I do, the demon most likely hunting me will find me!"

The crow stayed in the air and told her to stay there for a while. She wasn't planning on leaving so she just stayed as the crow said. The crow came back a couple of hours later and ordered her to follow him. Yumiko didn't know what else to do so she just followed.

She ran for an hour but it was nowhere near top speed for her. When they got to their location it was a mansion with beautiful wisteria trees around. The crow brought her to a courtyard with pebbles on the ground and told her to wait because she was about to meet the master.

Yumiko wasn't nervous and wasn't one for formalities so she expected this to be like any other human. When he walked out something about him compelled her to kneel before him. Never in her life has she felt this way. He spoke softly, like someone was carrying you with clouds in the air with a delicate breeze.

"Hello young one. Why is a demon chasing you? I want to help you."

Yumiko didn't know what to say. "He raised me Master and a friend of his taught me to fight. He found me interesting and spared my life because he wanted to toy with me or make me a demon. I still don't know which one it is. I ran as fast as I could to the only safe place I could think of."

The Master looked at Yumiko and told her "You are welcome to stay here for a while until final selection then you can stay at one of the many estates the Hashira stay at."

"Hashira?"

"They are the highest ranking members of the demon slayer corps. I believe you will find that they are willing to take you."

"Thank you Master. I am truly in your debt."

"You can repay me by passing final selection and becoming a Hashira."

Yumiko stood up. "Yes sir! I will become a Hashira and kill the upper moons!"

The Master smiled and said "Maybe stick with an easier goal. Maybe a lower rank."

Yumiko went red in the race with embarrassment. She was directed to the flame estate where the Rengoku family lived. When she got there she saw a man with yellow hair with red tips training his blade. The crow flew to him and explained what was happening. The man turned to Yumiko, smiled and waved. She stepped forward for her new life.