The Trial

I DONT KNOW IF YOU GET A NOTIF FOR CHANGES TO A CHAPTER BUT IF YOU DO I JUST WANNA SAY I WROTE THIS AT LIKE 3 AM AND I ABSOLUTELY MESSED UP THE TIMELINE SO I AM FIXING IT LOL SO ONCE TANJIRO AND NEZUKO LEAVE THATS WHEN THE NEW THINGS ARE THERE

It has been a couple of years and there are now 10 Hashira in total. They were all called because of a trial. This was the trial against Tanjiro Kamodo and Nezuko Kamodo. Nezuko was a demon and Tanjiro was a demon slayer.

When Tengen and Yumiko arrived at the meeting she greeted Kyojuro.

"Hey Kyojuro! It's been a while! How is Senjuro and your father?"

"Senjuro is doing well and my Father is doing the same as always."

Yumiko continued to greet each Hashira. Most of them were at the very least okay with her but Sanemi never liked her and Giyu refused to speak to anyone. A lower rank demon slayer brought in the demon slayer who was in question and another brought a box. Yumiko knew the demon was there.

"Hey kid, wake up! Hey! Wake up! You are in the presence of the Hashira!"

The boy woke up in a panic looking for his sister and his friends. One of the names he yelled struck a chord with her. "INOSUKE!"

Yumiko stepped forward to the boy and asked him a question. "This is not why you are here but this is a personal question. Is the Inosuke you speak of Inosuke Hashibira?"

The boy looked up at her. "Y-yes. He is one of the best demon slayers out there!"

Yumiko's eyes widened and some tears began to form. She wiped her face and walked away. The boy was confused by the reaction but didn't ask in that moment. The lower rank demon slayer explained that Tanjiro was to be on trial for protecting a demon.

All the Hashira had something to say about the matter but Mitsuri mentioned that the master must have known about this. Yumiko agreed. The master soon graced everyone with his presence. Everyone bowed quickly.

"Hello Master. It is a pleasure to see you again. Concerning this demon slayer Tanjiro Kamodo we must know if you knew of his sister."

"Well yes of course. In fact Tanjiro's master, Urokodaki sent me a letter explaining everything" One of the master's children read the letter off. In short Tanjiro Giyu and Urokodaki would all commit seppuku if Nezuko hurts a human.

Yumiko thought those were just terms but she wasn't sure. Sanemi couldn't deal with this and he lashed out. He brought Nezuko into the shade and enticed her with his blood. She refused to eat Sanemi's blood.

That was enough for Yumiko. She knew his blood would be irresistible to a demon who hasn't eaten. Once Tanjiro and Nezuko left the meeting they continued the meeting as usual. Each demon slayer reported what they had found in the past year. Yumiko and Tengen reported their team work truly improving them both and how they would like to continue it. The master agreed.

They spoke of the quality of the new demon slayers. Everyone agreed something had to be done about it but at that moment they didn't have a solution.  The master spoke of the future of the Hashira and discussed some of the demon slayers with potential. 

Yumiko said "I believe that Tanjiro and his sister could rise in ranks. Despite the fact that Nezuko is a demon I have faith in her abilities.  She is the only demon I have met personally with that kind of will power."

As much as some didn't want to admit it they all agreed with Yumiko's assessment. The master discussed places where there might be strong demons and sent some Hashira to those locations. 

Once the meeting ended Yumiko said good bye to Kyojuro. He smiled as he always did. "Don't die on my Kyojuro, okay?" 

Kyojuro laughed. "I could say the same for you!" They both hugged each other and parted ways. Yumiko went to Tengen's side and headed home. 

Sorry for the short chapter! For the anime onlys watching this that don't care about manga spoilers the original name of the Entertainment District arc was The Red Light District arc.