Chapter Six | 'Back to Square One'

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

I sit in the school cafeteria with Cathy, who goes on about her date she had with this Jock. And the entire time, my mind was on Ares.

His words last night, it meant something that I did not really understand, and to be honest. If i asked Cathy, she would just shout at me for hanging out with him again.

"Because I can't cross the line of wanting you underneath me if I'm your friend. As a result, no. We're not going to be friends."

Underneath him? Like stepping over me? He thinks I am going to overpower him or something, I stab my fork into my pasta and stare at Cathy as she laughs frantically. I remember his touch around my body, and God did i want to feel it all over me.

"Cathy, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, baby girl. Go ahead." She smiles, and I gulp.

"What does it mean when someone says they want you underneath them?" Cathy grins, and she jumps of the table and sits right next to me.

"It means they want to fuck you." My eyes widen.

"F- me?" 

"Mhm, they want to have sex with you. Why are you asking this anyways?" She questions.

"Watched it on some episode yesterday." He probably thinks I am inexperienced, which is true. I look back up at Cathy, and then back down into my food.

Ares wants to have sex with me. I am not even that desirable. If someone said that about Cathy, then I would totally understand why. She has a body to kill for and the experience.

And for some reason I wanted that experience. But even more, I just imagine Ares touching me. A pool forms in between my legs, what? I tighten my legs together.

She grabs a carrot stick from my container. I know exactly what I needed to do for experience, "you want to come with me to the tattoo shop tomorrow. I am finally getting my back done, hence why I wore my lucky skirt." An opportunity to see Ares again. Yes. Of course, I am going to take it.

"Sure, text me what time. I have class in a bit." I stand up, packing my food away. She sucks onto her fingers. "Can I use your Wi-Fi tonight?"

"Sure, why?" She asks, throwing her backpack over her shoulder as we make our way out of the cafeteria,

"Because my parents blocked Netflix." I rub my nose and thankfully she did not look my way. She rolls her eyes and believes me since this is nothing compared to the extents my parents go to. To keep me eyes protected from bad things, but I believe them being overprotective is worse. It makes me do things in secret.

"Yeah, I'll send you the password."

I smile at her as we make our own ways, I push open the door of the Art classroom and settle down in the front. Students walk in, I open my bag to slip my phone and sketch book out. I take my variety of pencils that I like to work with. The teacher walks in with a bright smile.

"Hello, good afternoon!" She tosses her belongings to the side and drapes an apron around her waist as she glances around at us all. "Could you please settle down?"

Mrs. Toffee is a one-of-a-kind teacher who is also my favourite. She gets what I'm saying. She also has an unusual fashion sense, since she enjoys having paintbrushes stuck in her hair and paint smeared all over her hands.

"As you know, it is time to go through all your sketch books. But I have other news!" This is the moment everyone decided to stay silent. "I will choosing one person to get a free scholarship to the best Art school in Seattle. The Miller School Of Art." My eyes widen, a scholarship to the best school in the city. Is she being serious?