Mia Gets Picked On

"Do you want me to come over so we can do our homework together after school?" Amanda asked me. I'm currently at my locker putting my binder away and pulling out my lunch box so we can head out to lunch. "Yeah sure. Just know that Dylan is in a playful mood today so we might not get much done." I blushed and Amanda laughed before saying "Should I bring Justin over so they can distract each other?" Amanda asked. Justin is Amanda's boyfriend and also close friends with Dylan. He's almost as playful as Dylan. 

Almost. 

"I mean you can but I have a feeling that plan is going to back fire very quickly." I giggled, finally closing my locker and turning around. When I did, I accidentally bumped into Tessa who was walking by at that exact time, dropping my lunch box in the process. Tessa legitimately hates me and everything about me so it's just my luck that I happen to bump into her right at that moment. "Ugh! What is wrong with you?" Tessa exclaimed as I bent down to pick up my lunch box. "I'm so sorry! I didn't see you." I said and she rolled her eyes. "What does Dylan even see in you? You're so pathetic." She groaned as she started to walk away. "Says the girl who got rejected by him." Amanda mumbled, way too loudly might I add. Everyone knows Tessa had a huge crush on Dylan for the longest time ever. When she finally built up the courage to ask him out, he said no. Tessa has hated me since because she saw how close Dylan and I were but when we started dating, things got worse. "What did you just say?" Tessa hissed at me, quickly turning around. "I didn't say anything!" I said, stepping back. "I did." Amanda said, stepping in front of me. "It's not her fault that Dylan didn't like you back. So leave her alone." Amanda said firmly. Tessa frowned before looking at me. "You're not even pretty. Soon enough Dylan is going to realize that." Tessa said casually. "When he does, I'll be waiting for him and you'll be heartbroken. As it should be." She said before walking away. I could feel the tears build up behind my eyes but I didn't want Amanda to know any of that effected me. "Are you okay?" Amanda asked and I nodded. "I'll be right back. I just need to use the restroom." I told her and she frowned at me. "Mia, please talk to me." She said. "I'm fine Amanda. I promise. I'll meet you in the cafeteria." I said before walking to the nearest restroom. 

I went into the biggest stall, locked the door, sat on the floor, and allowed the tears to pour out. I know she said those things out of jealousy but the words still sting. Hearing someone make fun of your physical appearance and threaten to take your best friend away from you is hard. I couldn't even imagine my life without Dylan even if I tried and I don't want to. 

"Mia?" I heard a voice say from outside the restroom and I sighed. It was obviously Dylan. I didn't answer because I didn't want him to worry about me. "Mia I know you're in there. Come out so I can talk to you." He said but I still didn't respond. I heard him sigh before saying "Don't make me come into the girls restroom because I will." I couldn't help but giggle a little bit at that because I could tell he really didn't want to get caught in here. Of course he heard me. "Alright I guess I'm coming in." He said as I heard the door open and close. I held my breath, hoping he wouldn't know where I was. Then I realized that since everyone is in the cafeteria, I'm the only one in here so he knew where I was. He walked until he was standing right in front of the stall I was in. "Mia open the door." He said. "Dylan I'm fine. I swear. Just go eat lunch." I told him. Next thing I know, he's on his knees and crawling under the stall. I started laughing as I watched him struggle to get under the stall. "Yeah yeah laugh it up." He mocked, only making me laugh more. He finally made it and sat down in front of me. "How are you 'fine' if you're crying?" Dylan said and I shrugged my shoulders. "Amanda told me what happened Mia." He said and I looked down. "Come here." He said, opening his arms. I moved to him, sitting on his lap and he engulfed me in a hug, nuzzling my neck with his nose which just made me start giggling. "Dylan!" I giggled. "Listen carefully Mia." He whispered into my neck, making me giggle more. "Dylan stop!" I giggled, trying to push him away. "I'll stop if you listen." He said. I struggled a little bit more but then decided to let him talk. "You're never going to lose me." He whispered into my neck. "No matter what anyone tells you, I need you to believe that with all of your heart." He whispered. I could not stop giggling but it also felt good to hear him say that. "Do you believe me?" He whispered, wiggling his fingers on my sides a little. "Yes!" I giggled. "With all of your heart?" He whispered again. "Yes Dylan now stop it!" I giggled, which made him laugh. "Ugh fine!" He said as he stopped tickling me. "You do realize you're in the women's restroom right now don't you?" I asked him and he frowned at me. "Well gee! I wonder who's fault that is!" He said, starting to squeezing my sides again. I giggled and crawled out of his lap, effectively getting away from the tickles. "Yeah me too. Who's fault was it?" I asked and he laughed at me as he start advancing towards me. I slowly scooted away. "I can't remember her name but it's this really really annoying girl." Dylan teased with a smirk. "Annoying? Oh well then it's definitely not me then." I said and he laughed. "Are you sure? Because the girl was also extremely ticklish and I heard that you're also ticklish." He smriked. "Nope. That's definitely not me. I'm the opposite of ticklish. I'm...uh...un-ticklish?" I said, making him laugh. "Oh well. I guess you're not her." He said. "Guess not." I giggled. "You wouldn't mind if I tested your un-ticklishness though would you?" He smirked , wiggling his fingers at me as he advanced towards me. I crawled away from him and giggled like crazy, even though he wasn't touching me. "No! Just take my word for it." I giggled. "Nah, I'd prefer to see just how un-ticklish you really are." Dylan said before trying to grab me. He missed thought as I crawled under the stall and into the next one. "Mia!" He yelled in frustration and I just laughed at him. He ran out of the stall he was in and into my stall but I was already crawling under and into the next one. He finally caught me in the next one though, grabbing my leg and pulling me out. "You're a HORRIBLE liar." He laughed as he blew raspberries into my neck over and over again. "DYLAN!" I squealed and he just chuckled and kept going.