Marriage plans and broken hearts- Part 1

Tags:

#Merlin & Lancelot & Morgana are best friends #good Morgana#pining #pretent relationship to safe their magical asses #Arthur/Gwen #Merlin/Arthur(probably one sided) #Gwen/Morgana (probably one sided) #Gwen/Lancelot (probably one sided) #jealous Arthur #everybody tries to annoy the hell out of Arthur

 Summary

After Arthur and Gwen got engaded, the three friends are heartbroken and start an adventure of their own. And what if the to-be-wed-couple believes that they are in a polyamorous relationship? That might be the easiest way to hide Merlin's and Morgana's secret magic training.

******

~five days before the wedding~

„We have important news to tell you." Arthur had used his council voice and looked full of expectation at Merlin and Morgana who where sitting with him and Gwen around the table in Arthur's chambers.

"You are pregnant." Morgana said, while looking at his belly.

" Ohh, yes. I can see that." Merlin looked at him too, failing to hide a smile. "That's why I had to make so many more holes into his belt. And I thought it was just the chicken."

"I am not fat Merlin." Arthur took a sip out of his chalice, trying to center himself, ignoring the grin of the other three people.

"Of course not sire." 

" The actual news is that we got engaged." Gwen said, while taking Arthur's unoccupied hand into hers.

The smile on Morganas and Merlins face froze for a second. Both of them knew it was going to happen soon, because Arthur had asked them for advise for the proposal. They just hadn't expected it, while they were still figuring out how to continue after Uther's death which had happened three month prior.

" That's amazing." Merlin jumped to his feet and pulled the  now former servant girl into a hug.

Morgana followed his example and moved around the table to her brother.

" You finally did it. Congratulations!"

A few rounds of congratulations and a lot of hugs followed, with only slightly protests of Arthur.  After that Merlin and Morgana excused themselves and walked together to Morgana's room, which was situated between Arthur's chambers and the physicians quarters.

Morgana opened the door and after making sure that no one was around, invited Merlin into her living space. She closed the door after them and moved towards the window next to her bed.

"Did you now, that he would propose today?"

"No, I didn't. Otherwise I would have warnend you."

Merlin stepped next to her, looking back and forth between Morgana and the nightly Camelot.

" She looks happy"

"Morgana." His voice sounded just as hoarse as hers.

The friends fell in each other's arms.

"We should have just told them a long time ago."

"Yeah."

******

~ three days before the wedding~

A few days later, Arthur had finally announced his wedding plans to the council, which had resulted in  a lot of protests.  Ignoring the council members voices, Arthur and Gwen had started the wedding planning, which on their part mainly consisted out of discussion about which stuck-up noble they really had to invite ( all of them) and who could be seated next to each other, without drunkenly causing a new blood feud.