Failed

Adrien's body was lifted and he closed his eyes to let the ritual take his spirit to the astral realm while his body stays in the ritual circle.

He opened his eyes and saw that he was in a Chinese temple filled with cats meowing at him. He walked past them like they were guiding him to a goddess Chinese woman holding a mirror gong and he saw his reflection.

"Of course, the Chinese cat goddess is Li Shou" He realized.

The goddess did not say a word but gestured for him to enter the mirror gong or not. Whether his choice was to get cured or keep the Werecat curse. Once he touched it, his werecat hand touched his from the other side.

"This is it, Adrien," He said to himself and is about to get in.

He goes through the gong mirror and the spirit of the Werecat comes out the other side. Adrien felt something pulling him as he struggles to separate the beast and himself.

"What's going on?!" He struggled and looked at the other side that his Werecat spirit is yowling in sadness that it doesn't want to be separated, "I'm sorry werecat" Adrien said but is kept from going but he was pulled back into the door to be reunited.

The cloud of smoke blinded Ladybug and Adrien's body fell to the ground, "What's going on?" Ladybug saw him come back.

The smoke cleared and Adrien groaned, "It didn't work, Ladybug"

"Why?" Ladybug asked.

"The werecat didn't want to be alone," Adrien said.

"No! We have to cure you!" Ladybug did not want her prince charming to live with this curse.

"Let's try it again," Adrien said.

Suddenly, Hawk Moth comes from behind and tries to snatch Ladybug's earrings, "Ladybug watch out!" Adrien shouted as he saw him. He leaps at Hawk Moth morphing into the werecat right before he could take the earrings.

"Hawk Moth?!" Ladybug turns around.

Werecat Adrien tries to claw him but he held his cane as defense. The beast was beyond angry to see that butterfly monster show his face here again.

"RAAAARGH!!!" He snaps at him but missed.

He went after him by jumping to the top of the tower. Nowhere else to go, the werecat cornered him, and just as he was about to take that brooch, Hawk Moth shoved a golden chain rope around his neck, causing the beast to yowl in pain from feeling his skin burn.

"Stand down, beast!" Hawk Moth stands in front of the beast.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!" Ladybug yelled in rage and Hawk Moth escaped since he's no match for the two.

"We'll meet again Ladybug!" Hawk Moth yells as he leaves.

Ladybug pulls the golden chains off Werecat Adrien and comforts him.

"Meow...." He meowed in pain from the burn on his fur.

"Oh, Adrien" She hugged him.

He purred in so much pain and he nuzzled his lady for comfort. Never would he get off guard for that stunt Hawk Moth pulled.

"You're okay, Adrien. You're okay" She pets him.

Werecat Adrien panted as he looks up at her, "Meow" He put his paw hand on her cheek.

"That monster ruined everything. Tell me, what really happened from the ritual?" Ladybug asked and the beast slowly transformed back into a human.

"It seems the beast feared he's gonna be all alone and didn't want to leave me," Adrien said.

"But he's too dangerous to humanity," Ladybug said.

"I know. I have to convince the beast to let me go" Adrien said.

"And now we have to wait a whole month for the full moon" Ladybug sighs in frustration.

"I'm sorry it didn't work," Adrien said.

"Think you can keep him at bay?" Ladybug asked.

"I hope. I can't believe Hawk Moth almost had your earrings" Adrien said.

"And you saved me," Ladybug said.

"You're welcome," Adrien said.

"Let's get you home, Adrien." Ladybug was still blushing at his bare torso; the pecs and abs were just so......stunning.

"Alright. Looks like I need to hang on tight." He said, knowing she'll use her yoyo to swing.

-

A while later, Adrien was brought back to the mansion by Ladybug.

"Thanks again Ladybug," Adrien said.

"No problem. Do you think the beast within really wants to bond in your body?" Ladybug asked.

"Maybe. But it can't hold me forever" Adrien puts on a new shirt.

"I'm not giving up on you, Adrien" Ladybug said.

"Stay....please" Adrien begged softly as his lips were a bit close to his lady's lips.

"Very well. I might need to charge up to last the night" Ladybug said.

"Alright" Adrien waited as Ladybug hides in the bathroom to detransform.

"Tikki Spots off" She transforms back to Marinette and hands out a cookie to Tikki, "Here, eat up"

"You're comforting him, not all lovey-dovey" Tikki reminded her and ate her cookie.

"I get it, Tikki. I'm doing him a favor" Marinette said.

"But most of the time, you never tell him how you feel," Tikki said and finished her cookie.

"I will, Tikki. Now time to transform! Tikki spots on!" She transforms back into Ladybug.

Once out of the bathroom, she sees him asleep but purring in fear, "Oh Adrien. I'm so much worried about you and your well-being" She got under the covers with him, kissing his cheek, "Sleep well" She closed her eyes and slept with him.

The next day, Adrien woke up and saw Ladybug gone but left a note on the nightstand. He picks it up and reads it up.

"Dear Adrien Agreste, I left this morning before you woke up but I'll come for you later today. Perhaps we could spend some time together like friends. If this concerns you, it means I care well for your well-being. You're the kindest boy I've met. Your guardian hero, Ladybug"

This made Adrien smile at how dedicated she is to him.

"Oooohhh......You are becoming attached to her" Plagg teasing him.

"She really does have a heart, though I don't know who she is," Adrien said.

"You love Ladybug but do you love her identity?" Plagg asked.

"It's how she is, not just her appearance" Adrien said.

"Yeah, right" Plagg did not believe him.

"I'm not forcing her into revealing her true identity," Adrien said.

"My little kitten is always in love with his lady" Plagg teased him.

"Hmmm, Cat Noir that is," Adrien said.

"Same difference. Now go back to your catnap since you can't go to school with this curse" Plagg suggested.

"Yeah, of course," Adrien sat down.

"And don't even think about licking yourself," Plagg said.

"We'll see" Adrien smirked.

"You've been a kitten for too long, my kitten" Plagg said.

"I know that" Adrien replied.