three

"Yuri, YURI WAKE UP"

"what-"

"Its 4:40 let's get out now"

Lisa dragged me out of the detention hall making me squint my eyes like a new born baby getting used to it's surroundings outside it's mothers' womb. Looking around, it felt like we were the only ones in here. I mean it was detention so others must have left.

We entered the café right next to our college and placed our orders before fixing our messed up hair.

"Gosh"
Lisa harshly pulled on the comb trying to get rid of a tangle.

"I think the school will assign kids to do the cleaning after school"

"No way they're not that daft"
Our college had always been careful and promised "exceptional facilities" to keep their image.

Lisa paused her movements and raised her eyebrows.

"Did you see any janitors in school while coming out?"

....

Are we really that poor?

She stared at my pale face before speaking.

"I heard the juniors talk about it as well"

"But we've got our shit to do too"
I argued as if it'd take us anywhere

"Exactly like, have you seen the exam syllabus? Its massive" Lisa said while getting up.

"I'll leave now, I haven't started physiology at all. "

I went to my room and put on a pair of shorts and a crop top. I was way too tired to cook something healthy and real because it was mid semester now.
Cooking ramen for myself I was about to pour the spice when... I noticed it.

The red marks on my wrist

It does not seem like Lisa but I literally saw her. The same tone, same face.
Only her words didn't match.

"Attention seeker"

What did she mean by that?

Lisa was a sweet, funny and trustable girl. Although she always came 2nd while I came 1st in the class tests, she never showed any signs of Jealousy or envy. Even if she did think of me as an attention seeker there's no way she'd go this far.

Could it possibly just be my imagination? I don't even watch horror movies for fucks sake. And the marks? I'd be sent to an asylum if I thought Lisa would ever do that. But if it wasn't her... Who and why would someone do such a thing?

I picked up the pot and decided to not worry about it. I can't keep worrying about things I can't control. Right now it was only my Ramen and I. And no one could come between us.

It came in between us.

I took a deep breath staring at the ointment in my hand through the mirror. A loud noise resonated. I threw it on the floor making the liquid cream spread everywhere.

I hate this

If I were just a little more impatient I'd probably rip off all my hair right now.
That's what I want to do because I can't help it anymore. The fifth time this week.

Flashback

No matter how hard she tried to ignore it, she just couldn't think of something else. It had to be someone who hated her. Someone who wanted her to suffer. The Ace of the Academy.

"Taehyung"

She murmured, the only name that came in her mind at that point.

"Why did I not think of this"

She didn't find anything abnormal about him yet he was the only one who had something against her...

wasn't he?

Somewhere inside she knew things weren't adding up. Taehyung never hated her from the start. It was just a few weeks in her freshman year when he, the most popular boy- at that time too started picking on her. This wasn't a cliché novel where she'd bow down to him and let him make her his slave.

But it also wasn't the case where he'd beat her up and lock her in a dark store room without anyone knowing.

She didn't want to sleep, afraid that Taehyung, Lisa or someone else may leave her horror struck her again. How long could she stay awake? She thought, so she yeeted away the duvets and headed out. Being a natural wanderlust, it was not a new or uncomfortable for her. Feeling the calming breeze, she went wherever her legs took her. Looking up at the moon that shone in the dark she kept walking ahead not paying attention when she bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going- oh"

"Hoseok, I-I'm sorry"
She bowed to him.

What was he doing on the streets so late at night? Unlike her, he seemed like he was in a good mood.

He always is.

She didn't remember much of that interaction, she just knew she wasn't in the mood to meet anyone, even if it was the campus sweetheart, Hoseok. Eyeing the familiar student whom she bumped into, she made up an excuse and got out of it.

...

Right, the beach. No one would be there at this hour.

Removing her shoes, she walked barefoot on the soft sand thinking she had the whole place to herself. She remembered how much she loved beaches as a child- and she still did. She used to make sandcastles, collect starfishes and tiny snails that lay on the shore. Wasn't that the mediocre version of Disneyland at the time?

Only now it was different.

Her eyes twitched when she saw a figure sitting along the shore at a distance. She groaned, then vexed when she noticed something.

The person whom she wanted to see least at the moment. She gulped. What is he doing here? Surprisingly for her, she didn't get a terrifying aura from him, like she did last night. Walking little closer, yet keeping distance from the back facing her, she mumbled,

"Taehyung is that you?"