Chapter 3: Methas Jarustiwa

Start from the beginning

No. She had to do something. Try something. She tried yanking the chain, hoping it would snap or at least loosen the grip on her ankle. Which was stupid of course because it did absolutely nothing but waste time. She grew anxious as she heard footsteps approaching her way. Softly padding up the stairs.

"CLEAR!" The same voice appeared from the room next to hers. Her eyes grew wide, there was nothing she could do.

She vigorously pulled onto her left leg and winced in pain quickly covering her mouth to make sure she didn't make a noise. Stupid fucking chain. Stupid, stupid, stupid. The brim of her eyes were filled will tears ready to spill which she blinked them back. She had to be brave. She watched the door handle turn and grabbed onto the edges of her duvet tightly. As the door swung open she pulled the duvet over her head. Yes, the trusty old duvet that saves you from ghosts at night. She would have laughed at her own stupidity if she wasn't so scared right now.

She placed her hands over her mouth trying not to make a noise. She heard a small chuckle and her heart pounded so loudly she was sure the murderer could hear it too. Why couldn't he just walk away?

Her heart thumped as the footsteps got closer and closer towards her bed. Her eyes widened in the darkness of her blanket as the blanket was slowly removed off over her head. She covered her face and peeked through the gaps between her fingers. Her eyes widened again this time in surprise. She was expecting a scary, heartless thug ready to strike her with a metal pole or something. But instead her eyes met a young boy's about her age. His head was slightly tilted with an amused smirk across his face.

The first thing she noticed was that he had pretty curtained hair. And such pretty lips too. She could feel her cheeks turn hot. She was completely struck in awe, she never realised a boy could look so...stunning? Beautiful? Cute?

She couldn't help but blush at her own stupidity. He's standing there with a gun and she's hiding under a duvet. Her eyes shifted towards the gun, okay maybe he wasn't a scary thug murderer but he could be a good looking one. The tight grip he had on his gun made Na-Bi feel very uneasy. "I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise. Come out" he said by the tone of his voice she could tell he wasn't lying. His voice sounded calming and somewhat soothing. She felt a weird sensation in her tummy. Butterflies.

She didn't understand anything that was happening right now. It was going all too fast and too slow at the same time. She was mesmerised by him but also scared. She stared at him then back at the palm of his hand which he had outstretched waiting for her to take it. She glanced cautiously at the gun was wrapped tightly around his right hand.

Just then the boy with glasses and MJ stepped into Na-Bi's room. She was suprised to see that they were all around her age. One with glasses. And one with long hair. She took notes of that. She then stared back at the one with curtained hair.

He followed her eyes to his gun and took out the magazine holding it in his other hand. He waved the unloaded bullets in his other hand.  "See I'm not going to hurt you."

"Enough of the sweet talk, just grab her we haven't got the time for this" MJ exclaimed pulling his sleeve back and checking his watch. Yu Na-Bi turned her head to face the boy with long hair with curiosity.

The curtained hair boy kissed his teeth. "Just give me a minute MJ."

She decided to take notes of the their names. Yu Na-Bi glanced back at the duvet which was hiding the rest of her body and then back at sweet curtained hair boy. "What's your name?"

"Yu Na-Bi" She replied back after a small pause.

"Na-Bi? You're called Butterfly?" The glasses boy
smirked, "wow what a coincidence!"