The abyss in me (Part 4)

Start bij het begin

There was also a detailed reference to the War of the Strongest when many people challenged the Edelweiss family's leadership skills and decisions and so they tried to take the throne by violent means and insurrections. Though everything ended up in failure and so the King, Eduard Edelweiss the second ostracized the rebels at the land that is currently known as Lasido.

I felt like I could study this book for hours and wondered why I wasn't allowed to take a look at it as I could have learned more interesting things from Mr. Duvall's boring lessons. However, there were still those lingering questions at the back of my brain that needed to be answered and so I skipped many chapters and flipped the pages to the last one.

The title was 'the child of the prophecy' and my eyes widened in surprise.

'The child of the prophecy will come

When an Edelweiss and a foreigner mix their blood.

The newborn will never sing the cry song

And the salvation many seek will come along

Solkey will open its borders

With the child's future orders

When the 6 moons create a full circle on their route

The ancient tree will be cut from its root

And the known world will come to an end

Only for Solkey to extend

And the phoenix from its ashes will rise

With the greatest sacrifice for a price

The child will feel the calling of death

When the lips exhale the last breath

Under the sunset's warm light

The new freedom will come in sight.'

Was this prophecy really referring to me? I guess there are some similarities with the describing child but how trustworthy a 500 hundred years of age text could be...

*What about this new era it is talking about and what about my... death? It can't be true! I can't die! I am just 5 years old and I don't even want to be a Queen! Maybe it refers to my unborn sibling? Yeah maybe that's the case... Even so I can't let it happen!*, with a new found confidence I made a silent promise to never let this unborn child unprotected so as to change their fate and prevent the upcoming death.

Some months later my sister Melody was born and she sang the cry song with her first breath that filled her small lungs. That was the time I understood the child of the prophecy was indeed me and I should learn more things about this situation.

~...~

My sneaking abilities improved at the passing of time and so I could easily eavesdrop without getting caught.

One day I was hiding inside my aunt's wardrobe searching for her big white hat that was decorated with flowers and her floral skirt so as to play 'ladies time' with Aurora while drinking tea in the garden.

I wasn't expecting her though to burst like a hurricane inside her chambers with that mysterious blonde man following after her.

The man closed the door behind them and turned his body at my aunt who sat on her bed and looked back at him with a smile on her lips.

"Fufufufu!"

"Fufufufu!!!"

They began laughing evilly together for quite some time when the man leaned down and planted a kiss on my aunt's lips.