The Storm

Reilly's POV

My power gave me the ability to see one hour into the future. Every midnight, a pink and purple like portal would open, that was my ques to go through and see what was going to happen.  I watched as I sprung up out of bed and rushed to put my dress on. I followed myself as I jumped on Lynn and Natalia's bed to wake them up. Lynn had taught me how to style hair so we made the decision that I would curl and pin Natalia's. I listened to the small talk that Amber gave her. It was the first morning she didn't have a drink. I was so proud of her. Maybe after today, with Kiara gone and the heavy weight of the Zodious crown off of her, she could heal her inner wounds and get better. 

But as I followed her and Natalia to the throne room, they disappeared, then the walls faded. The room became a dark abyss. This made no sense. I still had time. Something had woken me up earlier than usual. Just like I saw, I sprung up out of bed. A little worried, but still excited for what was to come. Nothing could go wrong. I was certain. 

If I would've known what I know now, I would've eaten my words. I knew we were in danger as soon as the doors snapped open and the wind blew out the numerous candles. As the guards closed and held back the doors, Lynn looked out the stain glass window. I noticed that her body stiffened. "Oh no." She said in a dreadful tone. "There's a tornado coming. It's going to be a big one I can tell." I heard panicked whispers from the people.

I began panicking. Why did I not see this coming!? What or who took me out of the portal!? This can't be happening! This can't be real!

"Reilly, why didn't you tell us!?" Natalia looked at me in shock and anger. I felt as if her gaze alone burned through me. In that moment, I was so afraid of her. I knew this was my fault. There was nothing I could say to make things better. As hard as I tried, the only thing that came out of my mouth were stuttering whimpers. 

My saving grace came in the form of Amber. Who seemed calm and in control. In this kind of crisis, she always had a level head. Even at her drunkest. "Never mind that. We all have to get to safety. The coronation can wait." 

Some of the wedding guests were in a panic but most knew what had to be done. The guards ushered everyone out of the throne room and down the stairs to the safe houses under the castle. Grandma Jennifer had these safe houses made during the battle of Jupiter in 2960. If any disaster or invasion were to happen, she made sure her people were protected.

As we were unlocking the metal gate, Allie looked toward Natalia in realization. "Wait, I have to go back to my room. I have a family photo." My big sister shook her head at Allie. We all knew that would be a suicide mission. Giving her a pleading look and squeezing her hand, Allie said. "Nat please. It's the only thing I have of Mama and Farah." 

Amber looked at the both of them. "I'll go with her. You have to keep your sisters and your people safe." I stepped in front of her. "Mother, you can't. I should go. This is my fault." 

Amber shook her head. "No. You will stay here with your sisters. They need you more. We'll be back in less than a minute." She took my face in her hands. "It'll be alright little butterfly." She kissed my forehead then grabbed Allie's hand. They were about to make the run of thier lives. Natalia ordered the people to cut a path for Allie and Amber to get through and they were gone just like that. My sisters and I led the people into the safe house and they piled in.

I could hear the screaming wind from outside the metal gate. The storm was so close. One minute turned to five minutes. Five minutes turned to ten. I was getting worried every second. I could tell that my sisters were on edge as well. After ten minutes and turned into fifteen minutes, I was done with waiting. But before I could speak up, Natalia turned to us. "They've been taking too long, I think they're in trouble. We need to bring them back." Lynn and I nodded in agreement as we walked toward the sealed metal door.