Drink.Drank.Drunk [4]

When we got there it was only 8 pm but the club made it feel like it was midnight. Everyone was so lively, drinking, dancing, mingling. I had to get Emma in on it. I took her hand and walked straight to the bar, ordered two big strong drinks and slammed them. "Your turn" I said, recovering from my last shot. She looked around and just shrugged. She raised her hand to the bartender and got 4 more shots. She placed two in-front of me and two in-front of her without saying a word she downed them both while my mouth was left at a gap.

"Your turn" she smirked back. There she was. She was coming out of her shell slowly but surely. After about 8 shots each. I made my way to the dance floor. Emma Snow and Belle just watched from afar but I was definitely intoxicated.

———————————————————————————
Emma's POV
As Regina danced I watched her every movement, I watched her hips sway and her smile in enjoyment. It's almost like everything was moving in slow motion, probably from all the shots I took to keep up with her. But suddenly everything came up to a screeching halt as a man approached Regina from behind. She was completely unaware he was even there, until he started grinding himself against her.

"That's Gaston" Belle says, she was our DD so she wasn't drinking. "He won't stop until he's gotten what he wants" I roll my eyes

"Yeah well we'll see about that" I got up out of the booth and made my way over to Regina. I bawled up my fist. "People are gonna learn to stop messing with my family" and punched him in the back of the head as hard as I could. Regina stepped away from him looking up at me and she smiled, she jumped over him drunkenly and into my arms.

"Your my knight in shinning armor" she pulled at my shirt and leaned her head and body weight against me. I was for the most part sober now. But Regina...she was still drunk. "Come to the bathroom with me" she grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with her. As I waited for her to finish I looked at the pictures she had taken on my phone that night. When she stumbled out of the stall her dress, was again only zipped half way.

"Regina I'm just gonna" I awkwardly approached her once again, but this time she wasn't startled. She leaned into me and closed her eyes in comfort. When she felt that I was finished zipping her up, she turned wrapping her arms around my neck and laying her head on my shoulder. "Maybe I should take you home?" She shoot's up immediately

"Maybe not" she mocks me and bounces out of the bathroom. When I reach the booth Regina and my mom are leaned over on each other mumbling about a 'slumber party'. Regina had convinced my mom to let her come home with us? At the end of the night we all hopped in Rumple's car. Belle took all three of us back to Snow's apartment. Mom and Regina made there way all the way up the stairs giggling, and laughing at each other like they should've done so many years ago.

"You two need to keep it down, my brother is asleep in here" I opened the door to see Neil tucked away in his crib, and Henry passed out on the living room floor with his video games. "Mom" I whisper yelled "go too bed" I motioned towards her room. She gave me the thumbs up before tiptoeing off to bed. "Regina" I said a bit quieter, making my way past Henry to the couch. I sat down and patted the spot next to me. She came over and laid straight onto my lap. "This isn't what I meant" she turned over and looked up at me. We held deep eye contact for a long while before she sat up.

"Thank you, for aways protecting me" as she finished she leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. Butterflies. Fireworks. Sparks. Whatever word you wanna use I felt it...but I'm not sure...uhhh.

I stood up as if nothing had happened and grabbed a blanket for her. When I turned back around she was already cradled up on the couch like a child, with her brown locks all around her. I covered her and smiled. I walked up the stairs to my window in my loft bedroom and perched myself on the window seal. It was hard to sleep now that I actually could...ya know the whole dark one thing...