July, 2018: Welcome to The Broken Hearts Club

"So, have you talked?"

Irene was washing dishes when she heard Wendy's voice next to her. The younger was busy rummaging the fridge, probably looking for the ice cream she bought last week with Seulgi (little did she know, Seulgi had finished half of the pint). They had their schedule ended earlier that day so there they were enjoying the rest of their day on that hot summer day.

Irene turned her attention to Wendy, seemingly lost in the initiated conversation. After all, it had been almost two months since she talked to Wendy about the thing Wendy asked about and it had been almost two months as well since she had resolved the matter; well, in Wendy's case, Irene's friend had resolved the matter.

"To your friend, you know—how is she now?" Wendy questioned again when she did not hear Irene's reply, only the sound of the water rushing out of the faucet hitting the ceramic dishes, along with her eonni's dumbfounded expression. She knew she needed to explain the question.

Ah, Irene's head muttered as she smiled and nodded.

"She is slowly getting better and yes, she had already talked to the other person. You were right, the confession didn't affect the other person, so they decided to stay as friends."

"That's—Well," That could not be a good thing, could it?

Wendy could not fathom her eonni's way of thinking. Sure, Irene was mature, collected, and all that, but befriending someone whom she had romantic feelings for sounded a lot like hell.

"I—Is she okay with it?"

"To be honest, it's better than being a stranger to the other person," Irene shrugged.

Lonely.

Dejected.

But she was hopeful; she tried her best to be able to stay because she liked being around Lisa and it was not Lisa's fault she fell in the first place.

"Very well, then. I hope things will work out just fine for them. You should tell her to open up to the possibility of dating—you know, to get her mind off of the other person; something casual and fun, it doesn't have to be serious. Friendly date! Yes, a friendly date! Want me to set her up with someone I know? Men, women, she can choose," Wendy said with no hesitation and glittering eyes. Irene just laughed after hearing the younger. Wendy was always the kind-hearted one.

"It's okay, Seungwan-ah. I'll see what I can do. But thank you for the offer."

"Anytime, eonni. You should treat her at the time being, for being brave and such, good food will soothe even the weariest—Yah! Kang Seulgi! This is only three spoonfuls left, are you for real?!"

There went Son Seungwan and her talent of startling Irene. Wendy who just casually opened the tub of ice cream was left astounded by the so little ice cream left, so stomped her feet to where Seulgi was and before Irene could take a breath, she could hear Seulgi whining her apologies in the background, making Irene scoff in the process.

These kids.

That night Irene took Wendy's suggestion and treated her friend—herself to good food—her comfort food, which was at a food stall located somewhere by the end of the road of their old dorm. It did take her 30 minutes to get there but it was worth it. She greeted the lady who excitedly greeted her back, 'It's been a while,' she claimed. Irene could only utter an apology because it had indeed been a long time since the last time she could make it there. Her members and she liked going there; it was always lively around, but it was full of older people who could not relate to the current music, hence they could enjoy their meal there in peace and enjoy being in the crowd without having any worry of being recognised or chased down.