July, 2017: Inkigayo Sandwich

Jennie and Lisa moved on from the scene where Irene caught them red-handed as if nothing had ever happened and still stole kisses and moments whenever they got a chance to. They were reckless from time to time but never to the point where someone caught them red-handed again. And probably due to the hectic hours they spent on their upcoming comeback, the incident with Irene easily slipped away from their memories.

It was when they attended Inkigayo for their latest single, As If It's Your Last, together with Red Velvet who were promoting their latest single, Red Flavor, that the flashback resurfaced, making Lisa choose to avoid the particular eldest member of Red Velvet—praying to all gods there were above that they would not be involved in a scene where they would be forced to interact with each other—as if what they shared that one night Jennie ditched the both of them fell meaningless for Lisa.

"Lisa-yah, eonni gave you this," Chaeyoung who just got back to their dressing room backstage after going her way to grab some food handed Lisa a pack of sandwiches. Lucky her, so she thought. She had been starving but retouching her hair and makeup took quite some time she could not spare even a second to grab a bite.

"Ah, thank you, Chong-ah," she quickly grabbed the sandwich but stopped as soon as she saw Chaeyoung's eyes that were fixed on the very sandwich she was handed over, along with her visible watery mouth. Clearly, the woman was starving too.

Well, Chaeyoung was always hungry and ready for food anyway.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Lisa eyed the woman then scoffed seeing her being thrown back, "You want this, don't you?" Lisa continued before Chaeyoung could express her hunger to the youngest. Feverishly she nodded to Lisa who understood her very well.

With that Lisa handed the other half of her sandwich to the woman who immediately bit it and had her cheeks puffing like a chipmunk getting ready for winter, stuffing walnuts in her mouth until her chewing stopped abruptly at a subtle taste of something that was clearly not part of the sandwich.

She just bit a tiny piece of... Paper?

"Lisa-yah, what is this?" Chaeyoung confusedly asked as she pulled a piece of paper she just found out of the wrapper and unconsciously swallowed the other half piece in her mouth.

Lisa took the half-bitten paper from Chaeyoung's hand and inspected it to find out writing on it. Half-bitten writing saying "화ㅇ" and nothing else.

What on earth?

"Yah, Chong-ah! Which eonni gave me this exactly?"

"Irene... Eonni?"

Damn it.

"Ah seriously, how could you not see this?" Frustratedly Lisa protested to Chaeyoung who could just stare at her friend in a daze.

"I'm sorry, I was hungry," guilt was about to seep into her system when she realised where Lisa's concern lay, "Wait, you're more concerned that the paper got bitten than me biting the paper? What the hell, Lisa!"

"Exactly. You can digest the paper but I can't replace this," Lisa waved that tiny piece of paper in front of Chaeyoung who then appeared to suddenly find enlightenment.

"Ah!"

"What—What now?" Lisa slightly jumped from the sudden exclaim from the ever-so-expressive Chaeyoung.

"No wonder eonni specifically asked me to give you this one. What is this even?" She grabbed the piece of paper that was apparently a note and read the whole thing before Lisa could stop her. Chaeyoung had her eyes widened for a split second before the surprise on her face turned into a teasing smirk. Despite only seeing half of the supposed-message, sharp Chaeyoung could easily put the two and two together.