Chapter 29 - Night Owl

Namjoon walked inside the bar, eyes scanning the place

Namjoon walked inside the bar, eyes scanning the place. On the previous night, after the whole situation with the female demon was solved and things were calmer, he had come back to the bar to see if everything was alright. He had mainly just tried to find an excuse to go see Ellie, but, as it turned out, she hadn’t been in the bar and Marie was the one in charge.

He ended up fucking one of the waitresses in the bathroom.

Now, as he walked inside, his eyes were narrowed while trying to pinpoint the short haired girl. And there she was, behind the counter, grabbing a handful of cash from the register, while some guys rounded up the bar and tried to get her attention, some drunk, other just attempting to hit on her.

Ellie smirked softly at some of them, shaking her head while counting the cash. She stuffed that handful in her back pocket and then made her way out of the bar.

Namjoon followed her, smirking smugly at the waitress that he had been with the night before. The woman blushed and went back to her work fast.

“Hi, Joon.” Ellie said, not taking her eyes away from the accountant book she was writing in.

“What’s up, baby girl?”

“Don’t call me that.” Her tone was neutral and expressionless, so he knew she wasn’t mad… yet “Came to get your share?”

“Yeah, but I can come pick that up at the end of the night. Wanted to ask a favor.” He said, sitting down in the chair in front of her desk and placing his feet on top of the surface.

“You? A favor?” She asked, finally placing those beautiful green eyes on his while raising an eyebrow.

“Well, technically it’s from Jin. We’re looking for a specific clan. They’re the bastards that kidnapped Amelia and hurt her, so now we’re on the hunt.” He explained, seeing Ellie’s eyes become softer “They’re the Nidhögg clan. We know the leader has a blind left eye, with a scar along his cheek, eye and forehead and all the demons from the clan have a snake tattoo on their right wrist.”

Ellie nodded attentively absorbing the information.

“What do you need me to do?” She asked, crossing her arms.

“We need you to tell the girls to stay on the lookout for them, anyone with a snake tattoo on their right wrist, and then contact one of us as soon as you do. You know, tell them they’re in some drug business shit so the girls don’t suspect.”

“Yeah, I know. Okay, will do. How is Amelia doing, by the way?” Ellie placed her elbow on the desk and supported her chin on her hand, relaxing a little.

Namjoon sighed… He had thought that maybe having Amelia in the house would be an excuse for Ellie to go there on a regular basis. But then Ellie hadn’t gone to the house in a long time.

“She’s better. We found out she’s actually a Witch.” Ellie went wide eyed “And her mentor and two sisters are living with us now.”

“Dear Lord, seriously?! When you guys spoke about Witches I always thought it was a bunch of bull! I knew it! I knew there was something about her!” She sounded excited and perky all of a sudden, eyes sparkling that beautiful green.