20. All That Matters

Start from the beginning

"You did something." He nods his head down and my eyes follow that direction to find him hard for me again.

Biting my lower lip, I swallow the water in mouth. I shyly give him another confession. "If you're gonna put it like that then y-you did something too."

"Oh?" Mischief flashes through his eyes before he slides down further on the mattress. "I think I need to check for myself and see if you have a bad habit of lying, baby."

I laugh out loud at his eagerness as he pulls my legs apart and right before his mouth can touch my core, my phone vibrates on the desk.

We both freeze and stare at each other, that part of our earlier conversation now hanging in the air around us.

Maddox stands up, quickly puts on his boxer briefs and grabs my phone. I pick up his shirt and slide it over my head and sit on the edge of the bed.

His jaw clenches and his eyebrows furrow as he checks the caller, and I can guess what name he's read. "We never talked about why Jaxon called you last night. What does he want?"

I take a deep breath and get ready for this. "Well, he wants to take me out to dinner. He said he has a lot to say to me and it shouldn't be done over the phone."

Maddox blinks at me once, twice. "Okay. Alright. I don't want to sound like a possessive dick, baby, but there's no way in fuck that's happening."

I raise an eyebrow, my teeth biting down on my lip in shock. Maddox is really hot when he's stern. Especially with nothing on but boxer briefs, his ripped muscles and six packs almost too good of a distraction. But if we're going to do this now, then I'm going to have to give this conversation my full attention.

"Alright." I nod my head carefully. "Why do you think I shouldn't?"

His frown deepens. "Are you messing with me right now?"

I shake my head, my heart picking up its pace because I don't want to have our first fight. I'm scared to decide on my own if I'm going to meet Jaxon or not yet, and I want to take Maddox's advice on what to do. Now, however, his opinion might be a little biased, but I get it.

"We're finally together, Rose. You're finally fucking mine and you wanna go have dinner with your ex fuck buddy?" His temper is rising.

I cringe, because when he says it like that it does sound bad. But Jaxon is nothing to me but a chapter of my life that had an effect on me that lasted longer than it should have.

"Are you jealous, Maddox?" I almost giggle, feeling giddy inside that this beautiful man feels so much love for me.

"What kind of a question is that?" Maddox scowls at me, not getting the real reason behind me asking. "Of course I'm fucking jealous. Possessive as shit too, but you weren't mine before. And now that you are, I can't just bite my tongue and shut up." He says, angry and worried.

I'm about to tell him that he has nothing to worry about, that if he doesn't want me to go then I won't because I wasn't too enthusiastic about meeting the man who made me hate myself in the first place, but Maddox just keeps talking. "Put yourself in my shoes. What if Lola calls, asks me on a fucking date and says she has a lot to say? What if I actually wanna go? What the fuck would that tell you?"

He's freaking out and I hate that. But I hate his last sentence even more, because it worries me that he doesn't trust me.

"I never said I wanted to go, Maddox." I mumble quietly, because I hate the image he unneccessarily planted in my head. "I hadn't decided when I asked and I wanted your opinion. I get it now. I won't go, don't worry."