Chapter 12

After a long day of helping people, the Merchant headed back to his ship to dress up for the Red King's dinner. He'd rather skip it, but he couldn't turn down the Red King's invitation.

Music played, food of all colors and tastes was set on the long wooden table. Dancers swirled around. The Merchant finished his meal first. He didn't eat as much as the Red King. The Queen, however, barely ate anything.

"Huh," said the Red King, "Well that is what I call a King size meal," as he banged the table with his fists. A servant refilled the Red King's cup right away.

The Red King grabbed his drink and stood up as he said, "Merchant, would you join me on the terrace, that fat turkey I ate, pushed out all the air in my chest. I need a fresh breeze"

The Merchant stood up instantly, "Of course, your Highness".

They walked away from the table and to the terrace.

The Queen sat in silence, while the music played.

The Red King and the Merchant entered the terrace. It was vast, overlooking the woods at the back of the castle.

"Huh air, fresh air, I love this terrace, too bad it is not facing seaside. Only if it wasn't for those bloody Silvers, I would have had my terrace overlooking the sea. I would have had any terrace in the world," said the Red King, who seemed a little tipsy.

"Make peace with them and you won't have to hide your open spaces or narrow your windows," said the Merchant.

"What?!" the Red King said and turned to the Merchant,

"Peace?! With 'them'?!" taunted the Red King, "They want no peace," he added, "I tried to make a deal with them a thousand times. Yet, none,"

"They didn't refuse peace, they refused war your Highness, if your deal requires them helping you invade the rest of the world then, yes, no peace," The Merchant said

"What are you asking me to do? Huh? You said it yourself, 'the rest of the world.' I am almost the King of the world. Look at these flags," the Red King pointed upwards, "Seven poles but only five flags, seven poles for the seven corners of the world, my grandfather put one flag up there. My father also put one flag up there, but I...I added three flags, three! They spent their lifetimes just to add one and I added three corners of the world to the Red Kingdom, but I know that these three won't be as significant as adding five. I will then be the King of the world, not an 'almost' King of the world," said the Red King.

Their conversation was interrupted by a sudden change in music, the players played in a louder volume. The servants emptied the hall, moved out all the tables and chairs. The Queen stood barefoot on the red marble floor and started to dance.

The Red King gazed at her with passion and lust. The Merchant watched her, everyone did. It was something to watch and never turn a back to for no one had ever danced as did the Queen.

She danced and danced, and as her dance neared its end, the Merchant asked the Red King's pardon and left the hall. The Queen ended her dance as she saw the Merchant leave, she paused, breathed deeply and watched him walk out.