She hovered her finger above the marks as if she were trying to recheck it for the nth time. She hissed pulling it off the surface of her wrists. Petrified, she couldn't believe it. She got up her instincts leading her the her desk, infront of her study material for tomorrow's test, when Lisa's voice resonated in her mind.

"You'll think twice before outrunning me next time".

Negative thoughts filled her mind. Something was wrong. She had assumed these encounters with- now that she knows- Lisa, as just mere dreams. She didn't expect there to actually be something. All those words shot at her like bullets had been from Lisa all along? She ruffled her hair in frustration. Closing the book, she went towards her bed breathing hard. It wasn't adding up. Lisa was such an adorable creature. Her loud voice was always audible in the Botany department. Lisa would never do such a thing. But it was her face, her voice.

'It's just one test.'

'Screw the rankings for once.'
Pulling the bedsheets on herself, the girl drifted off to sleep.

7.36am

As the sun rose, Yuri went out to see her best friend, Heejin waiting for her as usual. Yuri made sure to wear a long-sleeved top to hide her red stained wrists, knowing Heejin would probably attack her with questions if she saw any.

Yuri and Heejin had been close since day one, when Heejin joined the school. She approached Yuri almost immediately and confidently as if she knew her before. Yuri had never met someone like Heejin, someone always there for her no matter what. Even her presence alone allowed Yuri to feel lighter about everything that happened last night.

"Should've tied it" Heejin said as their long hair flew around due to the wind.

The 1st year students approached the girls. It was normal for students like them. Yuri's sweet personality and her topping every class test made everyone in the campus trust and adore her. Heejin's popularity was mainly based on Yuri's presence, but also because of her beauty and her father being a rich CEO of the renowned company.
After having a small conversation with them, they headed to their individual classes.

Heejin and Yuri had different majors.
Yuri did Botany, while Heejin did finance. It didn't bother Yuri until today. After what happened at midnight, her thoughts were alarming her every passing second.

Expecting to see a glimpse of dark orbs between the cheerful students, her eyes wandered around the class only to be welcomed with a bright familiar voice.

"Hey Yuri!!!" Yuri turned around in an instant, then letting out a sigh of relief.

"Dahyun, you scared me"
She spoke with an unsettling expression.

"Yah why do you look depressed!?"
She jolted at the cheerful voice spoke.

Lisa

"Morning guys" She squealed giving them a euphoric smile.
Yuri's mind went blank but she regained herself quick.

"Hey..."

She responded back uncertainly.

"Nervous about the test? You'll do well chill."

Lisa said wrapping her arm around her
neck giving her a playful wink. Yuri looked at her in disbelief, anger, and anxiousness. Why was she pretending like nothing ever happened?

"Yea of course she tops every time" Vernon, one of their friends said.

The bell rang as Yuri gulped and sat on her seat, contemplating whether she should try to score less because of last night's Lisa- or probably just a piece of her imagination.The test started. Yuri, struggling a bit because of the constant dark presence still lurking in her head, looked at Dahyun who was staring outside the class. Her gaze shifted to Lisa, who's pen swiftly brushed against the paper.

She felt the voice from last night, still echo in her head. She took a deep breath and answered every question still unsure on few.  Just the thought of "Lisa" doing something to her if she tops, manipulated her to score less.

She discretely gazed at the students handing in their paper one by one, sending each other 'thumbs up' signs.
Even Lisa now, got up and submitted her paper. Yuri cursed in her head and looked back down in her paper.

"Times up"

Her paper was taken away, along with few other students'. She never shitted on a test so bad. The time flew away like sand falling. Yuri's breath got uneven as she looked over to see Lisa approaching her.

"Hey, let's hang out after school today. 5pm?"

"Yes it's fine."

No it wasn't fine. You and I alone? I still hadn't completely comprehended what happened last night.

"Great see you at 5 bye"

Lisa said while smiling and left leaving a dumbfounded Yuri. She didn't even have time to respond. She walked out of the class, wanting to get some time to herself only to be interrupted by another voice.