xvi: no one is safe

•Izel returned home weeks later when her sister, at her father's request, gave birth to a beautiful, healthy newborn boy

She couldn't wait to get home and tell her family and Finn everything she had learned about her nephew. She was giddy as she skipped the rest of the way home, stopping to pick up some herbs and vegetables along the way.

However, as soon as she entered Mystic Falls, she was overcome by a sense of black magic. There was only one way to describe the sensation she had. Atrocious. It was excruciating.

She screamed in anguish and collapsed to the ground, where her herbs and other belongings had already landed. She shouted in agony and ran to the Mikaelsons for help.

Esther always had the answers, if there was one thing she knew about them.

When she arrived at their home, all she found was an abandoned house with dirt all over it. She couldn't stop herself from becoming terrified for them.

Was there something terrible that happened? Were the wolves able to track them down one night? Did the people take any action? Were they gone?

There is no response to any of these queries.

She intended to get a better look but instead turned to the side. There was dried blood even there. It wasn't unusual for people who weren't Mikaelsons to do so, but it was the placement that drew her attention. They slaughtered the majority of the animals in the woods. So, whose blood? was the real question of the day. She wasn't sure, but she suspected it was one of the family members. It was only a matter of hoping it wasn't Finn or Rebekah.

"They're gone."

A voice from behind her abruptly spoke up, jolting her out of her reverie. She shifted her gaze to Jaee. A man rumoured to be harsher than Mikael himself. People often assumed he was a werewolf because of his harsh behaviour, but they were disappointed. He had a werewolf wife, and people often assumed he was a werewolf himself because of his harsh behaviour.

"You won't be able to find them. They've vanished. Not planning on returning for a long time," he informed her.

As he got closer and closer, Izel took a step back. "What exactly do you mean? What is going on here?!" She questioned, her hand raised slightly. She had a feeling he was going to do something unexpected.

"EVERYONE IS GONE!" he exclaimed, his eyes darkening. But then he burst out laughing like a lunatic. "He slaughtered them. Do you want to find out why? As a result of themselves! But by the time I discovered my wife and her pack, they had all vanished! No one is safe from them. Those monsters! To be fed blood, unable to walk in the light, faster and better, as they claim to be, than the wolves!" he stated in anger. He was fuming and his nostril flared.

Izel quickly recognised what he was talking about and took a step forward, which is when she discovered a grave. It had never been there before. Then it all came together. She was rather quick to piece it all together.

The immortality enchantment worked, but it came at a great cost. She had no idea Esther was planning until she accidentally said something about it during a chat. When she was alone, Esther told her about it and attempted to get her to join in. She claimed that having two witches was preferable to having one and the ancestors loved her. Although she did not know whose grace that was, she was sure it was not one of the siblings.

He wasn't done yet, "Worst of all, they were moving so quickly that I didn't even have time to blink! What a strange situation! I, on the other hand, desired to harm them! And who better to utilise than Izel, Eztli and Ginerva's adorable ideal daughter? Family friend of the Mikaelsons. Then I notice you've vanished. Did you witness their blood, please tell me? Your family's heinous blood?" he specifically asked, laughing at her horrified appearance.

Izel's breathing had become laboured. She felt as if she were trapped between the maze's walls. She never made it to her house. As he stated, her parents were laid to rest there. She didn't know what else to do so she ran, like she'd never done before when she saw the axe he was wielding.

✵☼︎✵

A/n

Hi ;) happy easter everybody!!

So late update ik. This chapter was originally supposed to be longer but i decided against it.

So..... They're vampires now 😐 i know this one's boring but like I literally cannot write the process of them becoming vampies and then Klaus killing them and blah blah blah. Sorry 😬

Last third official chapter? Then it would epilogue 🤞 hopefully 🤞😩

I hope you liked this chapter and i hope to see you at the end 😚