v: the future

•True love

     •True love. What a disaster. Izel has always been a believer. But she, too, knew that one of them would leave the other alone, heartbroken that no matter how hard they tried, they wouldn't be able to reconcile fully.

     As she sat in the grass, she glanced at the cloud-covered sky and wondered about her future. She wished to live in a land with her husband and children until she was old and grey. She fantasised about having a large family so that her children would never be alone. And, to be honest, she could only see one person standing beside her.

✵☼︎✵

     Finn and Esther were speaking about his siblings on the other side of the sleepy village.

     Finn rolled his eyes and remarked, "Kol is just as restless as Klaus."

     His siblings have always been a source of annoyance for him. Freya, they simply weren't. They'd never be able to compete with her. Regardless of how much they try. They could perhaps be second, but no one seems to mind.

     Esther gave a quiet laugh to her eldest son. "What happened to Kol? He was due to be here, but he didn't show up," she remarked as she examined the area for him.

✵☼︎✵

     "Nik, Kol, hurry up and catch me!" Rebekah yelled as she dashed up the slope.

     Klaus and Kol both dashed towards her in an attempt to capture her. When they were startled by a disturbance, they giggled and smiled brightly before turning their heads in unison.

     What they saw was Izel, playing with Rafael Petrova, Tatia Petrova's son.

     Tatia was Elijah's and Klaus' long time love. They'd been smitten with her since the first time they met. Her curly hair and tanned skin complemented her lovely brown eyes. She had a son and was a widow. Even though her husband had perished in a war previously, every boy their age was smitten with her, except for a few like Kol and Finn.

     Despite the fact that she was a good person, she couldn't choose between her brothers and made them believe that she would be with them, earning herself the Mikaelson family's villain.

     Rafael's noisy laughter drew Rebekah's attention to them. Rebekah has always despised the Petrova family. Tatia's manner of tying her brothers up in knots and causing them to fight each other whenever her name was mentioned. She pitted them against one another, which Rebekah loathed. She then noticed Izel grinning at the boy as well.

     Izel's smile has the power to both start and end wars. It was a striking statement. One of her best qualities had always been her smile.

     "Izel!" Kol yelled, attracting Izel and Rafael's attention.

     When they turned back, Izel waved them over with a tiny wave and said, "Join us won't you."

     Rebekah gave Rafael a scowl before smiling at Izel and taking a seat next to her.

     Klaus and Kol also took a seat. Klaus was teasing the child's tiny fingers. He has always adored children. His siblings, on the other hand, can be a pain. Especially since it was Tatia's kid who was involved.

     "Can you tell me what you're doing?" Kol questioned as he took in the sights.

     Izel replied, "Tatia has requested me to care for him for a little while she goes away," and handed the baby over to Klaus who happily took Rafael in his arms.

     Rebekah laid her head on Izel's lap and nodded, "Finn is with mother," she explained, raising Izel's brows. As she closed her eyes, she said, "Just believed you'd like to know."

     Kol then unexpectedly remembered, "I completely forgot about that! I have to leave as well." And then he bolted, "I SHALL TELL FINN YOU LOVE HIM!" He yelled something before bolting away.

     "KOL!" Izel yelled after him, but he'd already walked away. Klaus and Rebekah shared a hushed chuckle.

✵☼︎✵

A/n

I was supposed to publish yesterday but the WiFi was super sloooowwwww. Also, i didn't know what title i should use so I just said "the future" for some reason.

I'm planning of writing a Stefan Salvatore fanfic and by planning i mean I am writing a Stefan Salvatore fanfic. But like it's only cause i basically have no idea for this story anymore. And the writer's block continues😐

anyways, vote and comment your thoughts because it really helps a lot more than you'd think <3