iv: the lake

•When Rebekah approached Izel, she was washing some garments in the river

The blonde haired girl held out a flat rock with writings on it, saying, "Finn wanted me to present this to you."

"At dusk, the lake," it was written.

Before putting it away, Izel gave a small smile.

"I don't know how you bear with him," Rebekah said, raising her brows. Izel drew her brows furrowed, but Rebekah went on with her diatribe, "He's so uninteresting. Even though I prefer Kol, you know that boy is intolerable. Finn never speaks, constantly quietly criticising."

Izel wondered, "Perhaps you don't strike up a discussion with him first?"

With just a shake of her head, Rebekah expressed her dissatisfaction with the situation "Yes, we do! But he's dreadfully boring! He never pays attention or appears to be interested. I have no idea how you ended up with him."

Izel merely responded with a laugh. Then Rebekah said, "I better go off or mother will have my head," and she walked away, leaving Izel alone.

Izel took another glance at the rock. It had always been their thing. Finn accidentally tossed a rock at her when he first saw her. He didn't realise it at the time, but he had fallen in love with her instantly.

Izel finished her duties swiftly and returned home to cook dinner.

✵☼︎✵

He said, without glancing at the other, "I didn't think you'd actually come."

Izel chuckled as he spoke "And wasting out on seeing my favourite person in this village? No, I don't believe so."

Finn extended his hand to her, which she eagerly accepted.

In silence, the two remained hand in hand. It seemed serene, as if nothing could separate them.

"I heard your brothers had a thing for a particular Petrova," Izel smirked.

Finn responded with a sigh and a roll of his eyes, "Do not begin. They're fighting it out for a woman who can't choose between them. Mother despises her."

Izel frowned as he added, "Yes, Tatia is somewhat... Indecisive. I just hope her future generations will not be like that."

Izel didn't want to get in the way of their relationship, but she didn't like the notion that Tatia was tying both of them up.

Finn swallowed and cleared his throat, "Well, I feel that if you truly love someone, there will be no one else. You only have that one person in your heart." With his thumb, he draws little circles on her hands.

"What about Kol? I've seen him with a lot of ladies, but they're never the same," Izel questioned once more. She wondered how long it would take her to irritate him by asking questions about his family.

Finn sighed, dreading the conversation ahead of him, "Kol, you're aware of the situation. This is how he's always been. Despite his age, he is far from naive. In contrast to Rebekah."

"Rebe-"

"You know I can understand when you're just questioning to bother me," Finn said, making her chuckle, which brought her great satisfaction.

"I must say, you have a lot more patience than I expected Finn Mikaelson to have," she taunted, her hands still gripping his.

"Thank you," Finn added, laughing along with her, "I grew up with five younger siblings."

Izel paused for a moment before saying, "We must depart. We must get some sleep." This was the part she dreaded the most. The part where they split ways.

Finn groaned and let go of her hand, saying, "Yes, we should."

"I shall see you tomorrow, Finn," Izel said as she stared down at her feet. She smiled softly at him before kissing his cheek and leaving him with a lingering smile.

✵☼︎✵

A/n

A/n

So, you know how i said I was super stressed? Well now I'm even more stressed and want to cry cause our exam is in about 3 weeks and I can't learn anything 🙂 (that's me on the outside)

N e ways, I'm having a major writer's block. IT'S THE WORST. I want to finish this story this month but I won't be able to, i just know cause I'm lazy.

Please vote if you liked this chapter and comment your thoughts and opinions cause i'd really like to know outsiders (who aren't me ; ) views and feelings they get while reading this.