vi: too good to be envious of

•Finn has always been curious as to what would happen to him if Freya remained with them

     •Finn has always been curious as to what would happen to him if Freya remained with them. He has always admired his older sister. She was bold, and she was kind to him; unlike his other siblings, she was everything they weren't. Even though he was the oldest, he was not respected as he should be.

     Kol irritatedly muttered to his mother, "I'm bored."

     "Well, you would not be if you looked through the grimoire I prepared and practised," Esther observed as Finn sliced vegetables.

     "Well, your papers were difficult to read, mum," Kol grumbled.

     "They were simple for Izel," Esther said, raising her brows.

     When her name was spoken, Finn looked up, but quickly glanced down when Esther noticed him and gave him a knowing look.

     Kol made a sneering expression. "How come you showed it to her before I saw it?" Furious, he said. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Before him, his own mother had shown it to a stranger. He was envious of her.

     "Well, she seems to be more interested than you," Esther simply stated, nodding.

     Kol groaned and said under his breath, "I didn't even say I did not want to practise magic."

     After a while, Finn decided to speak up, "She practises more than you, she's smarter, and she understands how to maintain it better than you."

     "Of course you're protecting her," Kol grumbled, rolling his eyes in Finn's direction.

     "Go fetch Henrik," Esther urged Kol, bored of their squabble.

✵☼︎✵

     Kol and Henrik were wandering about the village, not quite ready to return home.

     "Look, there's Izel!" Henrik spoke up out of nowhere. "IZEL!" He motioned for her to come over.

     Kol sighed and turned away, his face contorted with irritation. He didn't dislike her; in fact, he loved her. She was wonderful in every way: gorgeous, melodic, and so on. He was simply envious. Some times, he felt like his mother lokes her more than him.

     "Kol, hello Henrik. How are you doing?" Izel asked, a little smile on her face.

     Henrik grinned, "We're doing nicely. You? Bekah has asked about your whereabouts."

     Izel said, "Oh, I'm Perfectly all right," before adding, "Where are you going?"

     Henrik chose to respond in a straightforward manner, "Oh, we were simply strolling about. Kol and Finn had just been bickering about—"

     Kol clapped his hand over his mouth and silenced him before he could continue his sentence.

     "Nothing! We were bickering about nothing in particular," Kol explained, glaring at Henrik. His tone was serious and solemn.

     Henrik laughed, his words filled with malice.

     Izel remarked with a chuckle, "I'd better get going. Mother is waiting for me at any moment."

     Kol yelled after her as she went away. When she spun around, he dashed up to her.

     "Would you like me to tell Finn anything to Finn?" He questioned.

     "Why?" Her brows furrowed as she replied. Kol had asked her that question, and she had no idea why.

     "Well, if you don't," said Kol, "Then—"

     "No! Tell him I said 'Similar spot, relatively similar time' and he'll understand I believe," before returning, Izel said something and kissed his cheek as a thank you.

     Kol gave her a snarky look that made her chuckle, then grimaced as he followed Henrik home.

✵☼︎✵

     Finn was agitated. It was nearly dusk, and he couldn't sit still without squirming.

     He felt a flutter in his stomach when Kol had given him the message. Rebekah made fun of him about it, but he didn't seem to mind.

     Fortunately, when Kol told him, his mother and father were assisting Elijah, who had been injured in the struggle between him and Klaus.

     It was finally twilight. Finn straightened up and proceeded to the lake. The placid lake. Their lake.

✵☼︎✵

A/n

So ehe still writer's block. Also i really should study. I keep saying that but never do😭

We have to have rt-cpr test on Monday because my sister got tested positive for covid and she's currently in 4c also. Very unfortunate yes, along with my uncle and cousin.

Please someone if you see this author's note just scream at me to study, much like "STUDY BITCH" this if you can would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading this and vote if you liked it and comment your thoughts