For a good while, they ate in silence, save a few comments about how delicious something was. Slowly, the food in front of them disappeared, and the two laid back groaningly on the bed, hands on their full bellies. Hyunjin kept poking her stomach, joking about how it was going to pop if he did it enough times.

Somehow, between their banter and shushing each other whenever someone passed the door, Nari's hand was caught in Hyunjin's, and stayed there. As their energy died down, his thumb would stroke lightly over her skin every so often, the only sensation that kept her awake at the late hour.

Out of the silence, Hyunjin spoke, "I'm glad I met you, Nari."

It was an unexpectedly serious comment, and surprised her so much that she shifted her head to look at him, his profile gleaming in the soft light the bathroom door let in. "I'm glad I met you too. All of you."

He turned to meet her eyes, their noses brushing. Startled by his closeness, Nari went to move away, but Hyunjin determinedly pulled her back. "That's not how I meant it."

Pulse speeding up, Nari swallowed, daunted by his unwavering gaze but unable to look away. She waited for him to continue, but was distracted by a fallen eyelash that rested on his cheekbone. As she went to brush it away with their joined hands, Hyunjin held them there, her hand cupping his cheek gently.

"I know it's already obvious... but I'm falling for you."

Humming birds wings had nothing on Nari's heart rate. It was thumping so fast and intensely that she was sure Hyunjin could feel the vibrations through the mattress.

"I know we've only known each other for a few months, and there's still so much we don't know about each other, but ever since I first saw you..."

His eyes finally looked away from hers, drifting down to the blankets. "I don't expect anything from you, not even an answer if you don't want to give me one."

Nari placed her free hand on his chest, fingers trembling with emotion. "I've come to admire you so much over the time we've known each other, Hyunjin. You've helped me and given me so much, even though the only thing I've brought you is trouble. No matter what has happened, you've been there to protect and support me and I..."

Her face turned fiery red as she whispered, "I'm falling for you too."

A bright, bright smile lit up Hyunjin's face, Nari's shyness making him chuckle softly. She buried her face in her free hand, unwilling to look him in the eye while she blushed. Hyunjin patted her head and crinkled his eyes, overcome with his feelings for her. After a moment, though, he pulled her hand away, a gentle heat entering his gaze.

"May I kiss you?"

The question made Nari's breath quicken as she glanced down at his lips, her own parting reflexively. Out of habit, her tongue darted out to moisten her lips, and Hyunjin's eyes darkened.

"Y-you can say no - "

Nari cut him off with a shift of her head, bringing their lips achingly close, a mere hairsbreadth away from each other. Hyunjin stopped breathing, hesitating only for a moment before his eyes fluttered shut, and he closed the distance and kissed her.

It was so careful, Nari could feel that he was being very careful with her, not sure how far she wanted to go. Shyly, she let go of his hand and curled her aching fingers into his hair, resting her hand on the back of his neck. Hyunjin smiled against her mouth, cupping her jaw tenderly as he deepened the kiss, his lips earnestly caressing hers. It was so soft, so beautiful that Nari was almost afraid for a moment, this new feeling in her chest much more powerful than any crush she'd had. But she accepted the feeling, tucking it away for now.

Nari pulled away, panting slightly as she caught her breath. Still smiling, Hyunjin pulled her to his chest, rolling so that he was on his back, Nari cradled in his arms beside him. He kissed the top of her head.

"I don't want to rush you into anything, so let's just see where this takes us, yeah?"

Drowsy and blanketed in his warmth, Nari dug her sore fingers into his shirt, and he had no protests about it now. She took in a deep breath, Hyunjin's scent comforting her as they fell asleep.

"Let's see where this takes us."

if you cringed just know i got embarrassed writing it so

don't flame me too much, i've never been in love💪