11 A Newly Minted Husband Doing Well

Author's Note: Hey, guys! Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I know it's annoying when this happens and that you start to wonder 'Will she even finish this story?'. Truth be told, I simply wasn't up to posting. The story is fully written and I just need to upload the chapters which doesn't seem like much but a family member of mine was in and out of the hospital in the last couple of weeks and it was just a lot to cope with so I didn't do much work.

I'd love to promise that this isn't going to happen again but the situation isn't really over and experience tells me that I'm clearly not dealing too well with this. I can promise, however, that I will always update the chapters whenever things are looking up and I'm feeling better again. As for the ones we've missed out this time, I will slowly update them over the next week so that there'll be daily chapters until Thursday, then a short break on Friday before we continue with regular updates next Saturday.

Sorry again, and I hope life is looking up for you all! :)

-------------------------

As for Zhen Zhu, as it turned out, things weren't as scary as he had feared at first. As soon as Yu Sui brought him over, he saw several phoenixes that were gathered in a large room all sitting together, drinking, eating, and chatting with each other. It really looked like the atmosphere of a big family, where it was easy to lose track of time.

Zhen Zhu who hadn't seen much outside of his shell yet was immediately intrigued. Especially now that he saw so many different kinds of phoenixes. From the memories of his clan, he had a certain image of their people: There was the elegant bearing of the phoenix lady in his mind who had joined a dragon in marriage for the first time, as well as an idea of several other important figures. All of them were men and women that were incredibly beautiful with slender limbs, soft skin, flowing hair, and bright eyes that could make somebody lose their soul when gazing into them.

It really made one feel as if there had never been an ugly phoenix born in all the years that their clan existed. Now though, he actually found out that there were all kinds of them. He saw tall ones and short ones, thin and thick ones, older and younger phoenixes, and even some that looked a bit ferocious. If he hadn't been told that they were phoenixes, he might not have assumed so for a handful of them. This was really opening his eyes.

The other phoenixes looked up and seeing Yu Sui bring in a small phoenix, the lot of them were all excited.

One of the male phoenixes immediately put down his cup of wine, got up in a fluid motion, and then strode over, stopping right in front of Zhen Zhu. The phoenix towered over him with a difference in height of two heads, making Zhen Zhu even more amazed. He had seen that this man was a bit taller than the other phoenixes, but to think that he was actually just as tall as his husband still came as a surprise to him. There really were all kinds of phoenixes, ah!

The phoenix smiled when he saw Zhen Zhu stare at him, not at all seeming disturbed. "So that is a little one that was brought over yesterday. What's your name?"

"Zhen Zhu." He looked at the other phoenix and then couldn't help but ask back. "So, what about you?"

The other phoenix continued to smile and motioned into the room. "I am Dong Ling. Come on, sit down and have a chat with us."

Zhen Zhu nodded and then followed after him, watching Dong Ling's hair that he had put into a long braid was swinging behind his back. No wonder he actually hadn't noticed it before. With this way of wearing it, it really wasn't very obvious.

Dong Ling noticed that he was looking at him but he didn't say anything about it. In any case, which young phoenix wasn't curious about the things around them? Since they were mostly ignorant about the world save for the bit that they had seen on their way to the dragon's valley, it was quite normal.

Like a Feather Tickling My Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें