Chapter 17: Father

Start from the beginning

——

The moment he heard Mr. Qin's voice from the phone, Chen De's eyes almost brimmed with happy tears.

"How are you, sir?"

"No problem." Mr. Qin's voice was calm and a bit low. Although it was somewhat hoarse since he has just wake up, there was no hint of weakness, so his body should be fine.

Chen De was relieved.

Then he heard his boss asked: "How is the situation over there?"

"Rest assured, sir. I have blocked the news, and nothing wrong happened in the company."

After some pause, he said: "Sir, this incident..."

Qin Shao: "Go check Song Group and investigate everyone that Song Yancheng personally contacted."

Listening to Mr. Qin's instruction, Chen De secretly thought, "As expected". At the same time, he also cursed eighteen generations of the Song family.

He heard from assistant Lin that the gang who attacked Mr. Qin wasn't like well-trained gangsters nor seemed to be local thugs, but more like a group of outlaws who sold their lives for money.

Mr. Qin might be Song Yancheng's business rival, but was that man so crazy that he even wanted Mr. Qin's life?!

"I will send people to investigate immediately."

"Mr. Qin?"

"Are you with the kids?" Qin Shao asked.

Just now, he seemed to hear Su Bei's voice and also the stupid boy who asked: "He's not dead?"

"Yes, sir."

Chen De looked at the twins sitting with their backs straight on the office sofa, staring at him nervously.

"Sir, do you want to talk to Xiaobei and Xiaobao?" They worried about you.

"Well, give the phone to Su Bei." Speaking with that stinky boy would only annoy himself.

Chen De handed over the phone to Su Bei.

At the other end, Mr. Qin heard the phone had changed hand and moved his lips. When he was still thinking what to say, a girl's voice came from the receiver: "Dad?"

Su Bei's soft and sweet voice passed into his ears. There was tension, cautiousness, and anxiety in it. Her voice was not loud, but somehow it tickled Qin Shao's heart, and his mouth unconsciously formed a thin arc.

The little girl's face appeared in his mind——His memory of Su Bei was in the morning before he departed. The girl was carrying two plates of pancakes. Smiling widely, she asked if he already had breakfast.

She was so thin, but her eyes looking at himself was so bright. No wonder that when Qin Shao first saw Su Bei's eyes, he felt a unique sense of familiarity.

Very similar with his own eyes– he secretly thought.

"Xiaobei?" Qin Shao finally spoke. He still wasn't used to calling this name, so his tone was inevitably a bit awkward.

"Yes." Su Bei answered.

~

"Dad, how are you? Are you alright? Did you get injured? Is it serious?" The girl's anxious tone made Qin Shao felt warm instead.

"No problem." After a brief paused, he once again answered, "I'm alright, just some minor skin trauma."

In fact, after knowing that Qin Shao woke up, Su Bei hadn't been as anxious as before. In the novel, Qin Shao was seriously injured in this incident and was in a coma for three days. Even after regaining consciousness, it took him more than half a year to fully recover. But this time, Qin Shao has already woke up in less than one day, and he could talk with her, so maybe his injuries weren't that serious. However, since an event from the novel plot already happened in reality, Su Bei wasn't sure if the male lead would still use the opportunity when Qin Shao was recovering from his injuries to steal Qin Group's market.