Pain

MARIA's POV
She didn't know how long she'd been sitting with her hands chained behind her back. Her shoulders were hurting and her fingers had gone numb. She could feel her face still swollen but thankfully the bleeding had stopped. She didn't want to bleed to death on a cold floor.
She wondered if Lydia was just going to leave her here to rot. She hoped not.
She snapped her head up as the door creaked open and a lanky boy, probably no older than 18 walked in with a tray of what she hoped was food. She was starving.
He knelt by her side and gently placed it on the ground beside her. He got up and turned to leave.
"Hey" she called, her voice raspy from crying and screaming.
He turned back and stared at her
"I can't eat with my hands tied behind my back. Please untie me. You can chain me back when I'm done" she pleaded in a soft voice.
The boy hesitated, contemplating. He finally decided and shook his head.
She sighed.
"What's your name?" She asked.
He stared at her and just when she thought he wouldn't answer, he replied in a whisper.
"Jimmy"
"Jimmy. I'm a pregnant woman and chaining me down like this would hurt my baby. Please" she said, purposely making her voice quiver. Thank God for drama class in high school. It wasn't had to fake it as she was truly scared for her baby.
He looked at her with pity and shook his head rapidly.
"She'll kill me" he said, quickly walking out of the room. Once again leaving her by herself.
She cursed and screamed at him to come back, tears streaming down her face again.
She sighed, sagging against the wall. She stared hungrily at the tray of food in front of her.
She needed to get out of here.
..................................................................
RYAN's POV
"WHERE THE HELL COULD SHE BE!!!" He screamed at his brother. Maria had been missing for close to 24hours now. He'd almost gone crazy when Edward had called him to tell him he couldn't find her at the restaurant last night. He'd called the police almost immediately. Being the person he was, he was able to get them to start looking for her immediately. They found her purse this morning at the back of the restaurant in the trash. The police took it with them to search for handprints.
Now sitting with his brother and his best friend in his father's study, he was going out of his mind. He paced the room, running a hand through his already tousled hair. He wanted to be out looking for Maria. He'd never felt so helpless in his life.
"You gotta calm down man. You have to be strong for her" Mike said softly.
Ryan paused and threw him his hardest glare.
"Calm down? The woman carrying my baby is fucking missing man. Who knows what they're doing to her right now?!" He choked out.
He sank into a chair, placing his head on his palm.
He heard the door open and his mother come in. Daniel stood up and went out with her. He could hear them speak softly and knew they were talking about him. He grabbed the bottle of whiskey on the table and walked past his mum and brother, ignoring them as they called him back.
He walked down the corridor, alcohol in hand and found himself outside Maria's old room.
He hesitated before slowly pushing the door open. The scent of her lavender shampoo still lingered in the air.
He laid on the bed, finally allowing himself shed the first tears since she'd gone missing.
"Cmon Maria. Where are you" he whispered into the empty room.
.....................................................................
MARIA's POV
She groaned, rolling her shoulders as she tried to work out the knots in them. She couldn't tell how long she'd been down here. Ryan must've noticed she was gone right? Since Edward never picked her up. Ryan would've gone to the police, they'd be looking for her right now.
She felt her stomach grumble and groaned again. She needed to eat.
The door creaked open and Jimmy walked in with another tray of food. He frowned a little when he saw the now cold food he had brought earlier untouched.
"You have to eat" he whispered
"I can't. My hands are tied behind my back remember?"
He stared at her, shuffling his legs. It seemed like he made up his mind as he walked closer to her, placing the new tray of food gently beside her. He took a seat on the dirty floor and opened the dish cover. It contained Chicken and Brown rice. At least Lydia knows how to take care of her victims.
Jimmy offered her a spoonful of rice and she grudgingly opened her mouth.
He fed her until every last grain of rice disappeared. After packing everything into a tray, he left her.
She closed her eyes as she slowly regained her strength. Her whole arm had gone numb, she couldn't feel her feet and she was cold from sitting on the bare ground for hours.
She rested her head on the wall and tried to devise a plan to get out of here.
There had to be a way.