Street

RYAN's POV
Ryan was trying to ignore the persistent knock on his hotel door but of course, knowing Mike, he wouldn't stop until you gave him audience. Rolling out of bed, Ryan groaned and walked towards the door scowling. He caught sight of the bottle of whiskey on his nightstand and grimaced. He really should stop drinking, he promised his mum that he will.
Raking a hand through his tousled hair, he flung open the door, scowling at his best friend who had a huge grin on his face.
"Hey man. What are you still doing in bed" he said, walking into the room like he owned the whole place.
"What do you want Mike. I need sleep"
"Get dressed and let's hit town"
"Dude it's early! Thought you'd still be asleep, considering the night you had" Ryan smirked. Mike brought some girl back to the hotel last night and kept him awake with their noise.
"Oh she huh left early" he could never be with a woman for more than a night.
"I need a cold shower if I'm going to stay awake" Ryan said over his shoulder, walking towards the bathroom. There was no point arguing with Mike, he'd nag him and never let him sleep. He wondered what Mike had planned and hoped he'll run into the pretty waitress. The town was small after all.
........................................................
They'd just walked out of a cute little corner shop, their hands filled with coffee and doughnuts. Like always, Mike flirted with the ladies and like always, Ryan stood back and watched. He took a bite of his doughnut and moaned, he needed to burn off these calories as soon as they got back to New York.
"So where we headed"
"Huh I figured we'd take a little stroll and see where that takes us"
"You don't know where we're going right?"
"Cmon man, it'll be fun" Mike laughed, gulping the last of his coffee and disposing the cup.
They turned a corner and Ryan caught sight of a familiar red head. His heart stopped for a second and he nearly laughed out loud, it's been a while he had that kind of reaction to seeing a woman. He wasn't sure he liked it.
"Hey Ryan, isn't that your pretty waitress?"
"You recognize her?"
"Of course I do. You were staring pretty hard, I had no choice but to look. Cmon go say hi to her"
"Say hi?!"
"Are you dumb? You'd prefer to just stare at her?"
"Okay fine. Don't embarrass me Mike"
"Oh cmon, when have I ever embarrassed you" Mike replied raising his hands and laughing.
He rolled his eyes.Why was he nervous anyway. He'd just say hi and move on. Right?
He walked towards her and saw her eyes light up in recognition. Oh thank God. He didn't want to have to explain who he was.
"Hi there"
He watched her lick her lips nervously and nearly groaned. What's with this girl and licking her lips!
"Hi. What a surprise" her shy smile was so cute he couldn't help smiling back at her.
"A pleasant surprise. I didn't think I'd see you again" well he had hoped he would run into her but he didn't think it'll be this fast.
"Kurt here dragged me out. Kurt, this is... uhm sorry I never got to know your name"
"Ryan"
"I'm Maria" she gave another shy smile and he would've kept staring at the little dimple in her cheek if Mike hadn't cleared his throat
"Oh yes. Meet Mike"
"His best friend"
She laughed
"Nice to meet you Mike. I'm sorry we have to go. Kurt and I have uhm places to be. See you around"
"Yes. See you around"
He watched her go until they turned a corner and really hoped he saw her around.