Chapter VI

The lights went off in an instant.

Ruby Rose squealed in fear from the sudden black of the room. Yang jumped, partly from the blackout, and partly from Ruby's squeal. Weiss just looked up and around, confused. Blake was the only one who didn't react at all.

"What's going on?!" Ruby said, the most terrified.

Her team leader, Weiss thought to herself as she facepalmed.

"Ruby, calm down!" Yang said through the darkness. "Everything will be fine!"

"I can't see-- Oof!"

Weiss felt an impact behind her, and she toppled to the floor.

"Get off me, you dunce!" she shouted, shoving the person she knew was Ruby off of her. "Calm down! It's just a blackout! Everything will be back to normal by morning!"

"But I can't see anything!" Ruby whined.

"Your eyes will adjust!" Weiss said.

She picked herself up off the ground.

"Okay," Ruby took a deep breath, calming herself down. She was the team leader, she had to act like it. "How is everyone."

"I'm perfectly fine," Weiss said.

"I'm alright," Yang said.

"I can see perfectly fine," Blake said. "I'll be alright."

Weiss nodded. Blake was a cat faunus, meaning her night vision allowed her to see in the dark.

Then, from the corner of her eye, she saw something.

A familiar blue glow.

Weiss slowly started to approach it. As she got closer, she could make out where in the room it was. It was placed on top of her dresser. She reached out her hand, lifting it up to look at it.

It was the quill from the forest . . .