"You are affected by it?"

" Of course I am. " She said so casually even when she personally don't know who he is. He walk closer until his face is revealed to her. He look serious, he has the same vicious look as Eren does in his eyes, his eyes were a small light brown eyes, a mustache and wearing a war veteran clothes. 
"Jean!" She said in surprised once she finally registered what he look like, a surprised look is on her face as Jean smiled at her.

"Heh! If I didn't come out of the dark, you wouldn't notice me."

"That's true." She nodded. "But why are you outside?"

"It's noisy inside, I don't like the words coming out of the people's mouth so I left." Mikasa smiled at him.

"Sometimes, they couldn't control what comes out of their mouths." She spoke softly. "But it's alright, I should be used to it now. "   Mikasa nodded to herself. "It's nice meeting you, sir Kirstein. I'll take my leave ."

Jean glance towards her, she was about to walk away when he spoke to her.  ".. And what will you do? Go inside, listen to what they say and hurt yourself."

"I---" She shut her mouth after opening it up and down like a fish out of water. She was speechless at what he said because it was true and she could deny it.

"That's just….sad." He spoke softly and sadly as he look down the pavement. Mikasa look at him and gulp, she couldn't really say anything. Mikasa took a deep breath, the feeling of sinking is there again and she doesn't know what to do about it. 

"It's nothing." She look at him again with a determinated look. "I'm fine, I'm strong enough to go through this alone."

"That's not something that you should be proud of." He whispered to himself.

"Besides, I needed that one reason to let go even if I love him so much, that one thing, I needed that and I'm letting go of him when I finally get that so even if I love him and it hurts, I will hold on."  Her decision seems dumb, the reasons look dumb and she doesn't know if her actions is justification but Mikasa, she holds on even when it hurts so much. She doesn't cry much and when she does, she is usually alone somewhere, away from everyone that could see that she also cries. She's the rose of the society, a beautiful flower, a flower that symbolizes love - but she is also a flower with thorns, that when you touch it hurts.

----

Whispers could be heard from inside the palace, the tow seemed unfazed about the situation that involves the two of them, nasty rumours circling around of them, even if he is the Prince and is higher than Lady Mikasa, that didn't stop people from saying nasty things to him.

Even when the words say ' The honor belongs to the Empire.'

People still dare to talk rumours about him. The Rules is that, even if you belong to the Royal family, if found out mistaken, the royal family won't back you up. It's to keep the Royal children from being naughty.

"What on Earth is this?" Historia rolled her eyes when she heard the rumours that spreads around the palace corners.    "If this words came to the Ears of the king and the Two Princess, be ready and we are dead." She told Eren while looking around.

"I could feel my Girl's gaze burning in anger from somewhere."

She proceed to turn her gaze around to find the source of those burning gaze and her eyes went from the corner.

A Woman wearing a fancy satin black dress could be seen sipping an alcohol drink while looking at her. "I'm an idiot." She told herself and laugh nervously.

"That's your girlfriend?"

"She is." She nodded. "Isn't she pretty?"

"Meh." He replied, uninterested. "Rumours again, Why the heck did I chose you as my Muse again. We are like cousins already because my brother is your cousin. Kind of disgusting, how they think of us as lovers."