Colored Memories Of You.

I didn't have a name for this chapter so it was literally going to be called "Chapter 13" lmao.

Still, Sunday morning, and the sun hasn't risen yet. Mei and MK were tiredly walking down the street, dragging their feet with each step. Bags under Mei's eyes,  "Crazy way to start the morning, right?" Mei yawned. "Mhm...My heart was beating so fast during all of this to the point where I thought it was going to run away!" He exaggerated. "I just wanna go to sleep..."  ''Sameee, after all of this, we should go on vacation." MK pauses and gives her a funny look. "A real one, to ACTUALLY relax." Mei smiled. "No training or worrying about any bad guys!" "...something to get away from all this monkey business," MK added on. The two continued to walk. Since it was still early in the morning, barely any sounds could be heard besides their shoes hitting the pavement. The HQ came into view as the teens began to walk a bit faster, "Mei, thank you." MK said droopily, "For everything you've done, I knew I could count on you.'' Mei smiled. "Aweee, well...y'know...I'm your best friend, after all, I'll always be there to help you." She places her arm around his neck, knocking their bodies together in a joking matter, pushing MK, almost into a wall. "But...what do we do about DBK and his family? " Mei asked while still hanging on, "I and Tang had talked about it, we both agreed on telling them when Macaque gets better."  

"That's good, Mister hotshot was really worried~"

"Awwwweeee, I missed that?"

"Yeah, he was like: 'My mommy is very sad today! Noodle boy, come to be our family therapist' " Mei laughs at her Redson impression. MK joins the mimicking, "Noodle Boy! I, Redson, need you to open this jar of sweetened fire peppers. Mer!" The two laughed and tumbled down the street, drunk with laughter.

__________________________________________

Meanwhile, Sunny-D Monkey was back on his cloud, hopefully on his last trip to the cabin. The sun started to rise above the mountains. Wukong had sat down on the cloud, exhausted. All the rushing around, nearly dropping macaque, and thinking had made his head hurt. Wukong laid down on the cloud, allowing it to carry him without guidance. He watched as the sky started to paint its new colors and clouds that moved slower came into view. "MK is fine, he's resting...Macaque is fine...He's resting..." 

.   .    .

"When did I become so worried about him..." He closed his eyes to focus on his thoughts, scrunching up his face as he tried to force the thought of Macaque out. He needed to focus on the task at hand, he can't be worrying over things...and people, that he isn't responsible for. MK is something he watches over and teaches. He will admit that, but Macaque? The demon shouldn't matter to him anymore. But he does.  Wukong's heart began to beat faster, "After he's healed, he'll leave..." He said to himself. "He'll carry out whatever mission he was on and we'll never have to see him." Imagines of Macaque in pain flashed in his mind, 'What if he dies in that bed? That stubborn monkey would get up to drink some water and he would never get better...' Wukong thought. "Ugh, stop that he'll be fine!" he yelled to himself.

The forest was coming into view of the cloud, at the same time, the great sage had awoken from his (not so deep) thinking. He grabbed control of the cloud and pushed it to go faster. The multi-colored trees started to glow as the sun hit them. Showing off their leaves and bark.

The king neared the ground as he got closer to the cabin, preparing himself to hop off so he could hurry up and return the items. Coming to a full stop in front of the doors, the cloud didn't disappear. As soon as he opened the wooden door he was met with the strong smell of blood and sugary flowers. "Right...the mess." He covered his nose as entered deeper into the cabin. Sadly we would have to be here longer than he wanted. 

The cloud had been sent off leaving Wukong to cleaning duty. He grabbed the empty bucket that was in the kitchen and walked outside to a river that was connected to a waterfall located farther away. Wukong walked through the forest, slightly dragging himself. As he neared, faded visuals of younger monkeys played on repeat. He stop and rubbed his eyes, but that did nothing, they were still there. They appeared in different colors, Red, green, gold, purple, and purple. He watched them, chasing, laughing, training... Cuddling and telling each other thoughts. They would sometimes disappear as they ran through the sunlight that peered through the branches and leaves, not making a single sound. Wukong continued to watch them, a guilty feeling slowly started to creep up on him for getting his childhood friend false hope of their future together. Every time they weren't on the mountain they would be here...They planned to live together in this cabin surrounded by beautifully colored trees. Wukong could remember every detail of every memory that played around him. Then, some of them started to disappear and new ones reappeared...darker ones. When they argued and fought, they would have stopped coming to the cabin together, instead, they would stay away from each other. Keeping their distance.  

The sunlight moved through the trees, redirected the memories to appear farther, Wukong, who was tired and half awake, started to chase after them. He dropped the bucket then at a slow place he started to walk, jog, then finally run. He chased after the one that was farthest. A monkey-like figure stood at the edge of the forest, near the river, holding something with both hands.  Wukong began to pant as he got closer, still determined to it. 

Getting closer the monkey figure turned around. Wukong stopped in his tracks as his heart skipped a beat. "Mango..." An old version of Macaque, right before disaster. Holding two flower crowns, a bright smile printed on his face. He wore a robe that only covered on side of his chest, flower petals ever sprinkled over his tail and his hair. A light chuckled as he held out one of the flower crowns, waiting for old Wukong to grab one. The present Wukong took a tired step forward, hand out to grab it. But before he could attempt to touch the ghost, past Wukong marched through the sage and smacked the flower crown out of his hands. He then pushed him back making him fall into the river. Muted shouting was made by the angry Wukong, his past friend flinched back with every step he took. Wukong looked through the faded monkey and got a good look at the past Macaque's face. Tears streaming down his face mixed with the water that was being kicked around. Every time he opened his mouth to say something, it was cut off but something louder. 

The present Wukong watched as he yelled at his friend in cruelty, "Wha...Why am I so angry at him?..." The king walked sluggishly to the memory, but before he could get any closer, they disappeared. The monkey plunged to his knees, unable to make out any words for what he just witnessed. He tried to remember what had made him so angry that day, why he would do such a thing to his Mango... "When did I become so cruel?..." Sun Wukong felt as if this was a punishment, haunted by these memories to show how much he changed for the worst and what his words and actions had affected. "I'm so sorry...Mango, I did this to you, didn't I?" He faces the ground closing his eyes tight as he trapped the grass in his knuckles. 

{Wow this took a while to get out, sorry- buttt I did read your lovely opinions on the question and I have come to the conclusion of writing the smut on AO3 once I get an account there. ;_; I don't like disappointing people, so to the ones who wish to read it, it would be on AO3, and to the others who just want fluff and angst can just ignore it. Thank you to the lesbian who is not a furry for suggesting to keep it on AO3 (Not sarcasm) and to the one person who said that whey would draw the smut, I will be expecting it once its out-}