Me and You

[Saturday Night]

It was quiet in the cabin, moonlight peeked through the blinds on the windows. Macaque was barely sleeping on the couch, now and again his ears would twitch at some noise or he would get up just to get some water.  Wukong had gone somewhere and MK was in his room, staring at his hands. He felt so upset with the King and disappointed with himself. He wished he didn't storm off like an angry 8-year-old and at least said something, but he couldn't. He had failed to convince the monkey and possibly let down Princess Iron Fan and the rest of his friends. He fell back into the bed rubbing his face with his hands.

 Macaque had refused to talk to either of them for the rest of the day, he didn't even bother to look at them even if he did, just for a second, his eyes showed no sign of life. They were dull, not even a hint of anger or anything. It could have been from the mysterious purple liquid or Wukong's shameless words. Either way, it pained MK to him like this. They were enemies in the past, and he was sure that Macaque had a reason for his misdeeds, but now he seems a lot calmer and easier to get along with if he wasn't so cold to them. 

The memory of them laughing at Macaque for falling on his face came to mind. He remembered the look in his eyes. His eyes glowed with happiness as if he enjoyed making them laugh but he did try to hide his smile in his scarf. A smile appeared on MK's face as he analyzed the memory, even more, Wukong laughing like crazy, making jokes about his failure and how he looked like they were...friends.

His thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock, MK sat up on his bed looking at the door. He knew that it couldn't be Wukong because he was gone and Macaque was just, well, sick, but he took the chance anyway. He opened the door and to his surprise, it turned out it was Monkey King. He was standing there with a small smile and two towels. "If you aren't that tired...we still have time to go." Even though MK was upset, he didn't refuse. 'Wait. Maybe I have another chance to talk to him about it!' MK smiled at the King and took the towel, Wukong sighed in relief. MK went back into his room to put on his sandals. 

They walked back down the hall and took a turn into the hallway, Macaque, who was now awake, drinking water, for maybe the 5th time that night. Both of them made eye contact with him. The tired monkey smiled and waved, "Enjoy.." that was the only thing he had managed to say before leaving the area. Wukong had a painful expression on his face as he watched the monkey walk leave. He then looked at MK, "I...I didn't know...he..."  Wukong stuttered on his words afraid that MK would get angry at him all over again. "It's alright, I'm guessing he wouldn't want to come if you asked him." MK smiled, he grabbed his hands and pulled him out the front door.

Wukong lead the two through the woods, MK followed close behind him taking in the nighttime scenery that lay around them. The cool spring breeze making its way through the branches, and the fur on the Monkey's body. The silence was comforting but not to the Great Sage, he felt he had to say something. It was like hands wrapped around his neck and the longer he stayed quiet the tighter they wrapped. "Hey, bud?..." 

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry." Wukong sucked at apologizing and he knew this, he tailed swung low towards the ground. MK jogged to catch up to him.

"Hey, I understand. We were panicking and I didn't give you enough time to think. I was pressuring you and I'm sorry too." MK said while putting a hand on his shoulder. Wukong smiled at him.

"Though, I should also say sorry for yelling as well." 

"You should say that to Macaque." Mk pushed his shoulder against Wukong, in a joking manner.

"Hah, yeah, I will definitely do that before we leave." He faced away from MK, 'Don't want to give him another reason to hate me' Wukong whispered the last part. 

After thirty minutes of walking, they paused in front of an arch with vines wrapping their arms around it, sleeping flowers blooming on the vines. "I've been... preparing. I feel like you should still get your reward for working hard this week and handling situations with your heart." The king patted his successor on the shoulder before walking. MK observed the arch, taking in every detail. "What are you waiting for? The food will get spoiled!" The monkey called out. MK smiled and jobbed towards him.

Entering the hot springs, he was greeted with the mini and other delicious treats. The place had been decorated and the flowers that MK brought were used to make tea.  "I know you didn't get to eat and I didn't want you to starve, so I made you something" He claimed proudly. ''WOAH!!" MK dropped the towel and went over to the food and tea. Then his face went blank as a he slowly turned over to the King. "This isn't your hair is it?" Wukong gasped dramatically, "I'll have you know that I put time and effort into making those for you!" He said while scratching the bald spot on his head. MK glared at him one last time before deciding to eat. "Alright kid! Time to let loosen up and relax~" Wukong laughed while walking over to him.

______________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, with Macaque, he was still struggling to sleep. He trembled in his sleep, the pain in his chest, threatening to hurt if he dared to move. His tail wrapped around his body while he took shaky breaths. The demon slowly moved his hand up to his ears feeling the one he ripped off. Trembling at the memory of him screaming and crying. Begging for anyone to come to help him. That was before he found Princess Iron Fan. After years of being separated the two finally became friends again, he had calmed down enjoying every moment with his friends.

But now, on this trip to receive a gift to show his respect, he had to be rescued by his enemies. Macaque's terror was now brought back to him. Remembering the pain he went through for all those years. He wanted to be back with PIF, in her arms again as her warm embrace tells him his home again. The demon's claws had come from hiding and ripped the cushion part of the couch as the pain in his chest got worse, his head pounded. The hand that was on his ears had shown as well, digging themselves in his fur.

'I want to go, I want to go, I want to go home... please, I want to go home. It hurts, it hurts some much...'

(haha I'm so tired. I'm going to the store, what do you want? One thing only.)