Tales of The Unknown Pt. 4

Start from the beginning

Greg looked around confused before he heard a noise. He looked over to see Courage walking over to him.

Greg: Hey, boy. What have you been up to?

Courage: <FEED ME!>

Greg: Wow. You seem upset.

Courage growled as Greg picked him up. He then began to cradle him like a baby.

Greg: You can relax, buddy. You're with me now.

Courage, though still hungry and mad, just accepted the comforting cradling. Maybe he wasn't hungry. Maybe he was just upset and scared. He didn't want to be, but he couldn't help it.

You were at risk of being turned into the Beast. Everyone was lost. He didn't know what to do to help. He was just a dog.

However, this dog saw something. A shadowy figure ducking into the space between two homes.

Courage: <Did you see that?>

Courage jumped out of Greg's arms and began to walk over to where he saw the man. Greg followed and the two watched as she set a basket of clothes down.

Greg: Laundry?

The man pulled out a hammer and began to pray the nails off the boards that covered the cellar doors. Once they were off, he opened them and dumped the clothes inside.

Greg and Courage watched as he closed the cellar again and boarded it back up. The two backed away and looked at each other confused.

Greg: What was that about?

Man: YOU!

Greg jumped while Courage screamed. The two turned around to see the man standing there with his fists on his hips. Though his wooden head held the same expression, they could tell he was furious.

Man: Now what are the two of you doing spying on an upstanding citizen like myself?

Greg: Holy smokes.

Before Greg could come up with an excuse, a larger figure stepped in front if him.

Sir Y/N: Apologies, sir. We were just in the area when we heard some noise.

The man stared at your counterpart for a moment. Courage even stared at him in surpise. He knew it wasn't really you, but the fact that the two of you looked so similar made him a bit uneasy.

At least this version of you wasn't trying to kill you.

Man: Well....you should mind your own business. Keep this child on a tighter lease. The same goes for that dog to!

The man grabbed the empty basket and stormed off. As he did, Sir Y/N watched.

Greg: Uh....

Sir Y/N: Where is your friend? The one with the white streak.

Greg and Courage looked at each other.
-------------
Zak sat at the table with Mrs. Clemence after she had put the children to sleep. She walked over to him with a tray of "biscuits", but Zak noticed that they were actually chips of wood.

Mrs. Clemence: Help yourself to a biscuit, Zak.

Zak: Oh. Uh, thank you.

Zak picked up one of the wooden pieces and pretened to eat it. He didn't want to be rude.

Mrs. Clemence: I must say, my heart will break when it is time for you to leave. I like you ever so much, as do the children and everyone else in Hollow Town. We're a simple town and we can tell when someone belongs.

Zak: Oh, uh, thank you?

Mrs. Clemence: That's why I must ask you, my boy, if you would be willing to stay just a bit longer.