Chapter 37 - Euphoria

Start from the beginning

The heart that I've kept locked for like 10 years or so, She managed to steal the keys right out of golf and opened it, and I let her go in, despite those voices in my head telling me it was a horrible idea. I did take that into consideration, because prevention is better than cure, but then again, what's life without experiences? I was very very cautious about how she could mess me up in just a minute if I let her go in too far, but I realized that loosening up a bit and being vulnerable is the only way to allow myself to feel that true pleasure that I've always wanted to feel, the one that is so real that it scares the living shit out of someone.

I expected the bad side to come out of that because every single time I put my pride aside and listened to my heart, I ended up regretting it, but just that one time, I discovered a completely new form of Happiness. Happinesses so raw and uncontaminated by anything else and far beyond the laws of physics that we all know.

I just...I don't think I'll ever find the right words to describe everything that was going on in my small heart, but I know I found strength in knowing that I had a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to me to the end.

Simply put, she's the best thing to ever happen to me. She put up with me and my bullshit, and she did that with so much love, patience and encouragement instead of strangling me and throwing my remains into a wood chipper. Life seemed completely different, exciting and worthwhile, and I couldn't wait for our journey to forever.

".... No one can take my place, Bad energy stay far away, Loving you day by day, Ife mi o shey farawe," like the mumu man I morphed into, a smile automatically took over my face when I heard her voice. That song had always been a favorite for me but hearing her sing it pushed into my 'elites' league.

Yes, I completely lost my mind when she barely said 20 words, so imagine how I feel when she makes me sit down and listen to her go on and on and on about how good or how awful her day went with all those emotions in her eyes.

I just picked her up from Gwarimpa, where she took dance lessons alongside some colleagues for an advert they were putting out very soon, And then we got on the way to my parent's house to pay them a visit for the first time since we came back, after which we'll go to her parent's house. She actually wanted us to go the day after we returned, but I was jet lagged and work got me carried away, so we didn't get a chance until then.

The dance class was absolutely hilarious by the way, because Aya can't dance to save her life, it took an awfully long time for her to get the steps right, but of course, she said I was the reason she messed it up because I kept on looking at her.

"How did you get the Yoruba part so well?" I Asked, laughing a little, because she really did get it. I know that because like I do is my all time favorite song and I read the lyrics.

"You have no idea how much I love fireboy" she replied "let me even give you small expo on the best birthday gift anyone can give me;" she turned in her seat to face me "get him to perform for me"

"I thought the best birthday gift I could give you is myself?"

"Yes, but I already have you" she grinned at me "and I would've been fine with that, but the problem is that you can't sing"

"Who said I can't sing?" I quickly defended "have you ever heard me singing?"

"No, and that's my point, because if you don't know how to do something, you try your best to not do it at all, and I know that because I know you like the back of my hands" she stated "it's good that you don't even try sef, because I don't know how you'll sound with this your deep voice,"