A Distant Call Part 6

After spending what seemed like a week with this 2nd computer, he decided to go back to the city. He had been traveling for sometime across the desert. When he was hit by a thought.

The 1st computer said to watch his back essentially, while the 2nd one said go right to the symbol. 

So he then stopped the mini bike got off of it and then something else hit him. It was that supposed orangutan. He accidently brushed against it while eating. It smelled very much real, he now wondered was any of this real. Oh sure he was hot, the desert was dry, and everything seemed real but was it.

That he could not answer as he was in the midst of all of this.

Call it this world or maybe his mind was playing tricks upon him. But the one time he had the map of the city, he saw 2 entrances.  He then wondered what would happen if he went into the city through that 2nd entrance.

So that began his hunt after he passed the 1st. 

Sure enough he found it.

But what did he find?

Nothing, oh sure the entrance was there, but there was no buildings, and none of those rat creatures none of that even existed. It was an empty creator.

"So what in the fuck is going on around here".

Tom rode around for a while before suddenly started walking when after spotting something in the floor of this creator. It looked like silver from a distance.

But the closer he got to it, that silver thing turned out to be the top of the handrail for a stairs leading far below ground. To a room of solid white, "What the fuck?!!!" Tom shouted.

Then suddenly appeared the image of that anthropomorphic red wolf named Ahmar, saying "Congratulations, you found it".

Once again Tom shouts "Found what?!!!"

"Out of so far 65 candidates you are the only one to ever find this room" the image of Ahmar said..

"65  Candidates for what?!!!", Tom shouted.

"For the greatest adventure anyone had ever experienced. Don't be concerned none of them died. They were just returned to their world unharmed. Oh yes that story about a destroyed civilization as you might have expected was in fact a lie, and what you experienced was a hologram", Ahmar said as he appeared to be smiling. 

"Then why all of this", Tom wonders.

"Because I need a traveling companion of someone with remarkable intelligence. Who is able to see beyond the obvious that no one else sees", Ahmar said.

Rubbing his head, Tom wonders, "So what's going to happen to me".

"You are now given 2 choices, a return to Earth where you are more than likely will kill yourself by overeating. Or join me in adventure the likes of which you could never imagine. I can show you worlds where waterfalls flow up, crystals that defy logic, and to stand on the surface of this one of one world and see dozens more", Ahmar said.

Tom just rubbed his head, as that same voice then said, "I see your choice has been made".

There was a flash and the next thing he knew he was surrounded by life, greenery in the form of wild grasses, flowers and trees. He had to brush away a flying insect, but for what seemed like forever he was in a comfortable climate.

He then was taken back when he saw Ahmar, the real one, wearing a dark blue kilt and a light blue shirt. "I am very much real this time".

"I don't know if I should punch you or thank you. I am also thinking what kind of mess did I get myself in. Part time spy?!!! how dangerous is that", Tom wonders.

As Ahmar then places his arm over Tom's shoulders, "I guarantee what lays ahead is going to be fun". "Wouldn't everyone question that you have a human companion", Tom wonders. "Naah, humans have been around for the longest time, so are the many different ones. You will be asking me if they were real".

Tom just stood with his head bowed, all the time shaking his head, "I need to know what is real, and what isn't thanks to you". Ahmar just grinned, "I think I'll show you my world, and I think you will like it. It's very different, but yet we all get along. If you follow me I can get you some beer".

And with that Tom was about to began the greatest adventure of his life...