A Distant Call Part 4

Each day after he returned was the same, he would take his spear and his knife and go hunting. There smell turned him off until finally on the 3rd day he was ready. Tom had placed the spear, the Burner and his knife ready to go officially hunting.

And then..

Sitting next to him was Ahmar, he himself was also sitting, "Hello again, it's me feeling both violated and sad and all that I had planned did not work out as planned. I think I better explain, as you discovered my ship crashed. I barely survived, with that a good case of amnesia. I still don't know for how long. But given the nature of my species I survived. Knowing what little I know about humans in general. I knew you were going to need help. So I set up what I hoped would make things very easy, except according to the scans. Just over half of what I left for you is gone. How do I know this, the central computer on this world and I are behind all these messages I left. There is a chance we still can recover at least some that was stolen.

I know you have questions, I really wish I could answer them but this system isn't set up for that. What you need to do is head for the central computer directly. As you have seen from the map there are a series of caves along this side of the creator. The very next one up is it's entrance, based up your other travels. It should be 5 or 6 days away. Even then you got to be extra careful. 

First the creatures and the state of those buildings some are outright dangerous. So be extra cautious.

I really don't think you will have issues with them as the next cave is dry. Seemingly no water to be found, but there is a trick. Once you enter you will find a empty pond, no secret passage or tubers. Once you locate the corner, press down with both hands as hard as you can. Once the pond starts filling with water. Next head down the long side to the wall and go up to the ledge and start walking. There will be a bridge, but it's invisible. This will take you to the wall but continue to walk the doorway is also invisible. There you will find the central computer, who will answer all your questions".

With that Ahmar vanished. 

Instead of hunting, he had a mission to go on. In fact the main reason he decided to go was that he had tons of questions he had. Like why was a human, namely him brought to this world, and was there anyway to get back.

Getting supplies together was easy, but the biggest problem would be be any supplies left for the return, he only hoped that computer could supply him with some, by the next day he was off.

It was like those creatures had vanished, he had not seen a single one since he left the cave. Oh sure he was taking precautions. But still even up in a building there was still no sign of them.

The same could be said for the 2nd day, but by the 3rd. 

He finally spotted one. Instead of hiding he went out to confront it. That was when he decided to check out the power of that weapon. By aiming directly at it, and there focusing as much as he could he let loose a blast that caused that not only caused that rat to completely vanish, but the building that was behind it to crumble.

Apparently it was way more powerful than he thought.

Once he got into the cave, he followed directions. The pond did fill with fresh water, which by now was one of the best things to hit his mouth.

The walking on the invisible bridge he thought weird, but was even weirder was walking through what looked like a solid granite wall.

To what he found made his jaw drop to the floor it looked like a conservatory with fancy tables and chairs. There was even a canary singing from a cage, and on a table sat his favorite rum drink. Except when he tasted it, there was no alcohol. But still he was very good and what he really needed.

A voice said, "If you want a shower and a change in clothes, they are in the back".

It was good to take a shower, it was like he was caked with dirt.

The clothes were tan hiking shorts, a kind of tee shirt and boots.

He was happy for the change of clothes.

That same voice then said, "They will automatically adjust for your size".

"Alien tech", he thought. But the voice corrected him, "Think of it as more advance tech".

Returning to the conservatory he sat down and finished his drink with one gulp. He was maybe expecting Ahmar. But what he saw was surprising, it was what only could be described as a clone of himself wearing a white suit and shoes.

"Who are you", he shouted. "I am this planet's computer, the reality of it is that I have no shape or form. I hoped this would be more acceptable to you. I know you have questions, I will do my best to answer them". Tom smiled, "Would it be possible to get something to eat, I'm hungry". "Sure, but I already know what you want. Fried chicken of your mother's recipe, your aunt's mashed potatoes, and potato salad from that Deli, not far from where you once lived"

Within seconds it appeared on the table, "This isn't an illusion, is it", Tom wondered. "No it is real. But you should know it's made from the tubers you have been eating. Your right it's like that show your thinking of. It was replicated, and I don't know about that show, these would pass any DNA test on your world as the real thing". With that Tom took a drumstick and started eating, "This is amazing, if you could pull this off. Would it be possible to send me home'.

The man in white, just shook his head, "I really wish it was that simple. The machine who brought you here is more than 1 million years old. At the time it was made both your planet and your DNA was programmed into the machine. I can barely understand the process of creating a wormhole between 2 worlds, let alone locking it to someone's DNA. I believe you were brought here because of something I was totally unaware of until Ahmar discovered it". "May I ask when", Tom wondered. "I am so sorry to disappoint you, but that was roughly 2,000 years ago. His species has an extremely long lifespan, living to well over 100 is very common. But still being alive, I very serious doubt it", The man in white said.

"But I don't understand, Ahmar acted as is this was happening now", Tom wonders. "Ahmar was quite amazing when he was here. Which for your information was multiple times. He visited the machine that brought you here. I know the exact location of it's entrance, and no it is not walkable from here. He claimed he learned much about you, he also said that bringing you here was the right thing to do", The man in white said. "Right thing to do!!!", Tom screamed. Ahmar claimed that according to that machine, you would of died of a stroke. If you hadn't come here, in case your wondering the tubers have a most remarkable effect on both the heart and circulation. I would not be surprised that both are normal for your species", The man in white said.

Tom was shocked, could all of this saved his life. He just pushed way his food. "The food I made for you is healthy. I can feel you mind not being able to fully accept the facts. If and when I do recover what you might call a mini bike. You can see for yourself", The man in white said.

"I am locating the mini bike even as we speak. But there is a couple of things you need to know. During Ahmar's time there was only a handful of those creatures here and he was able to destroy them. It seems they belong to a 3rd party who has discovered a long hidden secret of this world". "Another drink", Tom insisted. "Which is..."

"That this planet has a connection to the oldest planet in this galaxy. Which is some 13 billion years old. It seems buried under the exact center of this city is that link. Which as far as I can tell is a grey - black disc as wide as a bus from your world is long. My sensors are unable to pernitrate it. But Ahmar figured it was an entrance to something, triggered by your DNA".