Chapter 2: Everything was unfamiliar

Start from the beginning

'Just where is the doctor?'

The four strange women left a sigh of relief after they saw the lady blinks her eyes looking at them

"Thank goodness she woke up earlier."

one of them asked.

"Miss, how were you feeling?"

Since the lady can't open her mouth nor say other words, she blinks her eyes twice and that makes them confused.

"Has she gone deaf?"

'Not really since I can hear you.'

"Wait there young miss, we're gonna call the priest." The two women suggested then, both of them get out of the room.

Now it's just two other women and the lady in the room.

'What did she say again?'

...?

'A p-priest?'

'.....wait, I needed a doctor not some priest! What if the priest is just gonna let me drink some holy water?!'

The lady got baffled so she blinked both of her eyes rapidly.

"Miss Collin, are you anywhere?" The women opened their mouths. "Why do you keep blinking your eyes?"

They looked at the lady with worries in their faces.

'I think I just heard the name Collin just now. It's Coleen or maybe my ears were just not working properly again.'

"This young child is so pitiful. Even if her parents were busy, they should have at least brought some guardian or some candidate to watch her here..." The other woman said then she looked at the lady who was lying on the bed with pity in her eyes.

'Why? You asked.'

The only parent that I have was my mother. And she was working overseas. How can you let her come back just to see her daughter in an accident?

I was annoyed, so I just closed my eyes and waited for the other two helpers to come back with the doctor.

When the woman said the word 'Priest' I must be hearing some things again.

'Maybe a side effect of the accident?'

◇◆◇

"The priest had arrived."

My eyes suddenly opened when I heard what the helper was talking about.

'Finally a professional doctor.'

I was hoping a lot but, when The so-called priest showed himself in front of my eyes, It didn't seem like a joke at all.

'Why does his outfit feel like a real priest?'

By the way, he is too good looking to be a priest or doctor.

When the so-called priest came closer beside the bed where I can see him, there were people following behind him.

'....Was that supposed to be the knights of the altar?''

I can't believe he really was a priest and I'm not hearing things either. Am I too sinful that I'll be going to be blessed by a priest Instead of a doctor?

'Oh god gracious! forgive me!'

The priest came forward close to my head, and the people behind him stayed outside of the room. The priest moves and raises his hand above my lying body as if he's going to unleash some power.

「 "Sentez le pouvoir de la déesse Olivia. Oh vous bénisse." 」

The priest said then, a familiar flash of light came out his palm. It's similar to what I've seen before that accident with the car happened. His hands were glowing and shining, and when he moved his hand again, the light stopped then disappeared.

'Maybe I'm hallucinating? It felt like I'd seen some magic or power.'

My jaw felt tingly all of a sudden so I tried to move my jaw and unexpectedly a sore voice came out from my mouth.

"Ah..... A......ah?"

My voice sounds like a dismantled speaker.

"H-hello?"

My voice became clear after a half a minute. And after another minute, I can move my head slightly and slowly. It was like a miracle but my lower part feels so heavy and tired.

I looked at the so-called priest and glared at him.

"W-what was t-that?" I asked him, I was wondering maybe it was really magic or just my imagination.

The priest tilted his head then he shrugged his shoulders. He didn't answer my question and he looked a bit dumbfounded too.

"Oh my, this young child didn't know." Since the priest didn't answer, one of the women opened their mouths.

"Oh dear......" The other woman replied. "Her parents really don't seem to care about her."

I was speechless.

"That's very rude to badmouth a person in front of you." I said while raising one of my eyebrows.

"We.... we apologized..." The four helpers look at me then, they shut their mouths.

Even if the so-called priest was standing in front of me, I can't just let them talk to me like that.

"You four nurses are very noisy." I told them. "Stop pitying me since it won't help me recover."

They're no use anyways they just keep talking.

"N-nurse...? What's that??"

All of them look puzzled.

"I'll ask again, can the four of you step out?"

Just after what I said, the four of them left the room swiftly without any hesitation leaving me and the priest behind.

Now, the so-called priest and I were the only ones left.

"Priest, What was that light?"

I turned my face and looked at him.

"Or maybe it was just my imagination?"

"That light?" He pointed his finger out of her hand. " You mean the blessing of the goddess?"

"Cut the bullshit. I'm an atheist not a Christian."

He raised his eyebrow, tilted his head, then twitched his shoulder.

"I don't know what you are talking about, but I used my divine power to help you recover faster. That makes you move the muscle in your mouth and soon you'll move your left hand."

"D-divine power? Did I hear it correctly?"

I don't know anymore if I am the damaged one, or my brain.

"Yes, you hear it correctly young miss, divine powers are a blessing and gift from the goddess Olivia. Oh vous bénisse."

"What the- who is Olivia?"