Task 5: "For The Love of..."

Start from the beginning

I start chuckling slightly...no, actually, I start laughing my brains out. Again, we're all criminals. How are we even gonna be able to stand the sight of each other? "Yeah, right, fall in love with another tribute. Do you even know who you've got in here?!" I call out as I then sense a powerful buzz go through my entire body. I loose footing and end up on the floor, lying in foster-position shaking before it all stops. Now I'm just pissed. It feels like I'm back in the prison. There's this smirk on Silka's face when I finally manage to look up at the screen again.

"Some of you might think yourselves way too smart or too...damaged about this twist and just go out of your way to make sure it doesn't happen, but trust me, if you don't want to be electrocuted, you do as I say..." I immediately know she's talking to me. Obviously, she heard my comment. "Think about it this way: you follow the lines of my twist, and you're one step closer to winning the glory and getting whatever revenges you want." Oh, I'm gonna have my revenge alright. I'm gonna make sure she wishes she never laid eyes on life at all. "Oh, a few more things: I've got a list of the 'lovers' to be involved with each other and...the doors between the Arenas are now open."

I get up on my feet and look for my name. I don't care much about this twist to be honest. What I want more than anything right now is her wrecked body at my mercy. They can send me back to prison, I don't really care. I've grown used to that environment already. They're not gonna kill me. I mean come on, killing a victor? No, that would ruin their reputation. However, that would be hilarious to watch as a dead ghost. Back to the main point. I keep searching for my name and I find it all the way down in the bottom. How ironical is my 'supposed love': Kleone.

I don't know if it's irony or fate that has seen them put me together with her. I remember mentioning to the Capitol in that lame interview that she's the real threat in here. She's a wicked-sick, cold-blooded killer...just like me. People might say we're the perfect team (I will not say couple), but it can also become a root of problems. Especially when we both have the same personality. I am not going to bend to her wishes and neither will she to mine. We are out for the blood and glory ourselves and now it seems we have to share some of it...if only for a little while anyway.

Now that the doors have opened between both Arenas, I would imagine it'll only be a matter of time before I get to see her on one of the monitors. That is if she chooses to live and avoid electrocution. In my humble opinion, the electrocution barely tickles. I remember it from the numerous of times they tried to force me to sharing something I didn't want to share in my interrogation days. But, I can only assume that they have the ability to switch it up a notch and actually make it kill you. That would pretty much ruin any of my plans of winning.

The other 'couples' look rather oddly put together for me, but I don't pay much attention to them as the screens go back to normal and I get to see the ones in the tower again. I've gathered all the equipment that I need and I start to work on the panel and look for my supposed 'newfound love'. It doesn't take me long because this girl isn't exactly stupid. She's already made her way up the levels in the tower. When I find her, I see that she's challenged by another tribute. I don't see the person's face, but I get to see Kleone living up to her reputation.

She stabs, and then twists the knife inside the tribute's ribs. I immediately find a way to get some sound from it and I can hear the tribute scream for dear life. Even up here, I can feel the joy by what she's doing. She's making sure to enjoy it as she takes her time with the knife on the tribute. I catch a confident smirk from her as she looks directly in the camera. It's almost like I feel like she's looking at me. "This might turn out to be interesting after all..." I let out to myself as I decide to find the stairs and meet her halfway. Now, I'm almost anxious to hear her thoughts on this twist.