Davina|25

We arrive at a very fancy restaurant that I can't even pronounce.

Spike is being very protective, I almost feel like a celebrity by the way he's treating me.

When we arrived, he immediately hopped out and opened the door for me. His hand never left my back only to scoot my chair out for me to sit.

A waiter guided us to the vip section where no one was. Wow Spike good job.

All of the boys are acting very suspicious, they didn't speak much on the ride to the restaurant, and are all staring at each other.

I shrug it off and look at all the menu. Holy shit $300 for a steak??? Damn they better fed that bitch good.

I skim the menu until I find the pasta hehehe. I could have fettuccini all day everyday baby.

Our waiter comes by asking for our drinks and I of coarse ask for Dr Pepper. There's no other answer.

I look from the corner of my eye, the waiter has her elbows on the table and her boobs in Spike's face, uhm a little self respect?

All the boys show no interest and scoff including Spike. He says something to her that has her face going pale, hm wonder what he said.

Spike must've spooked the last waiter because a male waiter comes and brings us our drinks.

"Hi I'm Ryan I'll be your waiter for today, did we want to start off on appetizers or get an entree started?"

Oh so we did get a new waiter. Ha.

Since no one says anything I say "Ouuu can I get the mozzarella sticks" I whisper in Spikes ear "Your paying right" he chuckles and nods "Also can I try the cheeseball bites?" I bite my lip out of anticipation.

"Of coarse mam, we will have that right out for you" He speaks like a robot and walks like one.

I take a sip of my Dr Pepper until a hand grabs my thigh, I spit out my drink on the table.

They boys look at me like I just asked if they serve food here, geese not even a pat on the back what if I choked to death.

I look down to see Spike's hand inching up further on my thigh and my body quickly warms up.

He must've picked this dress for this reason. The dress has a slit running all the way up to my upper thigh.

I look at him and he's minding his business on his phone as if he ain't feeling me up.

His hand now rests on my upper thigh rubbing small circles.

I don't know why I didn't let him kiss me the other day. We were meant to be like literally.

Nate was even planning our wedding ever since we were younger.

I place my hand on top of his and start messing with his rings. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm turned on just from his hands.

They are so big with veins popping out everywhere and his rings make it 10x better.

Once I got my appetizers we all scarfed it down, oh my goodness I've never tasted mozzarella sticks this good. Our waiter came back to take our orders for the main course and guess what I got.

Fehttuchini baby.

The boys all ordered some fancy shit I can't even pronounce. Now that I'm thinking of it they have been very quiet, something must be wrong.

"Hey Dav we have something important we want to talk with you about." Luke sayy nervously. Huh this bitch is never nervous.

"Okay...spit it out"

"Don't freak out or anything okay?"

"Just spit it out Luke" What's the worst he could say, oh hey dav were in the mafia and we kill people pff.

"Were in the mafia and we want you to come live with us and possibly join?" He all but rushes out.

I laugh out loud. "Your funny Luke" I hold my stomach because it hurts from laughing.

They look at me dumb founded. They can't be serious. My mind is racing.

"Before you say anything hear us out, you basically live alone and your almost done with school and were your only family. We really missed you Dav and we don't want you out of sight, hell it's dangerous out in the world and you know Nate would've wanted this."

Wait a fucking moment, Nate was apart of this? Holy shit how did I not suspect all the "late nights" and heavy security at their house. I just thought it was because they get hated when they win a lot of races.

How could I be so fucking stupid and realize there was more to it?

I'm speechless. What am I supposed to say I mean it would be fun living with them but I have my life in Pennsylvania.

I know they would protect me, hell they'd even take a bullet for me and they are the closest thing I have that's family.

But mafia? Isn't this supposed to scare me? Why am I not scared?

Spike's hand rubs my thigh reassuringly and I give him a light smile.

"I'd have to think about it for some time, but when did you join this so called mafia?" I carefully ask.

"Okay take all the time you need Dav and we all joined when we were soft mores in high school."

Hm I nod my head and stuff noodles in my mouth. I have so many questions I mean part of me knew they were into some shit because how could they afford all of this? Plus Nate would come home with blood on his shirt talking bout he got into fights. Sure buddy.

I never pushed him though I always shrugged it off.

The tension left the air and they went back to their normal selves making dirty comments and being stupid.

Except Spike of coarse he was just silently eating.

"Do you want to race tonight?" Spike leans in and whispers in my ear.

My thighs clench on command at his raspy deep voice. I haven't raced in three years.

Nate.

Pushing any negative thoughts out of my head I agree, because why not. I've been in my comfort zone for years it's time I step out.

"Who am I racing" I question.

He smirks and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear whispering "Thats for you to find out love"

God he's so hot.

Honestly all I've wanted to do was race, but I was so afraid to ever since that night. I shake my head not wanting my brain to go to that dark place.

Once Spike paid we all head into the limo on our way to the tracks.

"Wait what car am I going to use?" I question because we came in a limo.

I laugh at the thought of racing in a limo, lmao impossible but funny.

They all smirk at each other "You'll see" Is all they said.

Ugh too many secrets today, I huff and sit back running my finger over the tattoo on wrist.

Nate let me get a tattoo when I was just a freshman, but he said it had to be a snake for some reason, I didn't protest because it was a beautiful design.

I have some other tattoos scattered on me. I have a tattoo that says "just keep swimming" of dory from finding Nemo.

I got that specific one because of Nate. He was surprisingly obsessed with finding Nemo and would pain all of us to watch it non stop.

His famous phrase was "Just keep swimming" when I had my bad days, and when he passed I got the tattoo on my arm to remind myself to fight through it.

God I miss him so much.

A/N: what are our feelings towards Spike? Do we hate him or like him?