𝟒𝟕. 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.

500 thousand pounds sat on the desk in front of me as the man begged and begged for my forgiveness

500 thousand pounds sat on the desk in front of me as the man begged and begged for my forgiveness. I rolled my eyes, flicking the tip of my knife on the pads of my thumb. "You betrayed me," I laughed.

"You" I laughed harder "betrayed fucking me" I pointed the knife to myself. His belly hung over his jeans, he stunk of grease. I snarled my nose up and stepped closer to him. "Where is the rest?" I slammed my hand on the desk, going across as the piles of money launched against the wall and then onto the carpet.

"I don't have the rest, I don't make make much business anymore" he groaned "that's all I can afford"

I lent back against the oak desk "I don't give a fuck, you've had four years to get that money together yet you haven't"

I stepped closer, skinning the knife across his peck, his breath hitched "what a shame" I smirked as the blade pierced the skin, my leather gloves dug into it as I pulled the flash away from his body and threw it on the white sheet on the floor.

"Fuck, fuck" he screamed "crazy"

His eyes widened as I pulled the bottle of disinfectant out from under my desk and poured it straight on to a cloth, pressing it up against the wound he cried but that only made my smirk go wider. His body became limp but he wasn't dead, he fell onto the floor as Conan and blaze walked in. I left so they could get him in the bag and down to the basement to chain him up.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, signing I unlock my phone. It's a text of Orion sending me a link to a newspaper article. I smiled as I clicked and Nova's face came into view, blue confetti dazed over the room and around her. We are having a boy.

Her family and friends surround her as she cries in the video, a group hug between the family. I close my eyes for a few moments before I watch the video again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

I held myself back on the wall, my eyes closed shut with my phone dangling with my arm. The door creaked open and the sound of heels caught my ears. "You good" Ophelia asked, scrunching her nose up.

"She's having a boy" I hand her the unlocked phone, the video plays once again and Phelia smiles before handing it back to me.

"Congratulations, brother" she pats me on the back before walking past. Just as she gets to the bottom of the hallway she calls back "mum knows about the baby by the way, I told her" I whipped my head towards her "it slipped out, baby brain" she pointed to her head.

*

Wind messed up my hair while I sat on the balcony, a joint placed between my fingers and a whiskey on the table while I looked along the streets of Italy.

Calm, it was so calm.

I closed my eyes as I placed the roach in my mouth and inhaled, feeling the smoke go to my head and through my lungs. I hated myself, I hated that I couldn't be a better father for my son or a better man for Nova. The both of them deserve to have the perfect man for them, unfortunately that isn't me.

I would fuck the both of them up just like my father done to me, I was brought up with the meaning that men shouldn't cry, they would be strong and the head of the family. The one time I saw my father cry was when my mum was taken, it was the only time he cracked while sobbing for his wife and unborn daughter.

I wish I could be there while Nova gives birth to my child, be able to hold him and protect him from the standards of today. I closed my eyes and brought the glass to my lips as the liquid burned my throat. I love that girl with everything in me.

I want to be able to be a family. Be able to kiss her in front of people in public and not just behind closed doors, give her the wedding of dreams after we finished having children of course so that they could walk down the aisle and experience it with us.

But I couldn't, I couldn't do it because I was a selfish prick so I would have to watch from a distance how my son grows up and how Nova will fall in love with the man of her dreams.

A/n: once again another short update but I needed to get this out.