Chapter 8 - confessions -

The next day was another relaxation day since the paladins hadn't gotten any calls. They all stayed in the castle most of the time, until Lance decided to wander off outside the castle.

————

Lance walks along a trail he'd found, looking around at the golden-leafy trees in awe. He found an open grassy area, lavender rocks and maroon pebbles sat against the trees surrounding the area. Lance lies on the soft grass, looking up at the sky.

He hadn't known how long he'd been there, quite a while, he guessed, but it was long enough to end in someone coming to look for him. That someone was keith. "God where is he-" Keith cuts himself off, seeing the Cuban boy laying in the grass, his arms covering his eyes from the sunlight. "There you are."

Lance uncovers his eyes, seeing Keith. The way Keith's hair flew in the wind made Lance's cheeks flush red. "Hey Keith.." he says, sitting up and stretching as Keith goes to sit beside him.

"The team was looking for you." He says. Lance nods. "It wasn't too important, we just couldn't find you." He explains. Keith lies on the grass, his hair falling in different directions and onto his face.

Lance glances at him, "I've been meaning to ask about your hair-" Keith cuts him off and covers his mouth with his hand.

"Don't even go there. The you before now made fun of it and I was just getting used to you leaving it alone." Keith pouts, glaring at the Cuban boy. Lance felt heat rise in his face at the stare he was receiving from Keith before he started chuckling quietly.

Keith stared in confusion, pulling his hand back as Lance laughed loudly with a feint blush on his cheeks. "Make fun of it? Keith I was gonna compliment it!" He snickers, holding his stomach as he calmed down from his laughter fit. "I think it looks nice."

"Wow I uh.." Keith's cheeks flushed bright red. "Thanks Lance.." he says with a small half-smile. Lance nods, lying down beside Keith on the grass. "The sky is odd..compared to earth's. Just like everything else here. Our oceans are blue and the grass and leaves are green. The rocks are brown or gray, and the moon definitely isn't green.." Keith randomly started. "You would always find some way to bring Earth into a conversation, or find a time to mention the sea"

Lance turned to look at Keith, his eyes falling onto the boy's eyes that were staring up at the sky. He listens silently to Keith's words, taking in bits of information, like how the sky on earth and on this planet are the only similar things they've spotted, how Lance has a big family back on earth and how Lance spent most of his time on whatever a beach is before coming to space.

"I wish I could do something to help you get your memory back without it overwhelming you," Keith turns his head, he and Lance's eyes lock together as they stare at each other comfortably. "It'd be so much easier to say what I want to say. Not that you being how you are now has changed anything for the worse, it's just hard not being able to talk about things back then without fearing that I could trigger something you may not like."

"Keith, you're rambling." Lance stops him. "I think whatever you need to say, you should come out and say it. I've got something I have to get off my chest too anyways." He says, moving his arm under his head for a makeshift pillow.

Keith looks down and thinks for a moment. "Why don't you go first," he says with a semi-smile. Lance gulps and nods, sitting up and pulling his knees to his chest.

Lance takes a breath, exhaling deeply. "Ever since I lost my memory, I've been getting an odd stomach feeling upon even just hearing your name. At first I didn't mind it much but, when you came back from the Marmora mission, it got uh..more weird? Stronger? I don't know how to put it but, that night when I told you about my memories the feeling was stronger than it'd ever been before. I felt a heat rise into my face as well, it was so odd to me. I talked with red a while back, she said what I was feeling could either be admiration for love, given her explaining I know it's most likely whatever love is.." he took a deep breath and dug his face in between his knees, embarrassment itching at his very being.