Chapter 4 - Keith Kogane -

"Hey Lance." Keith said, crossing his arms while semi-half-smiling. Lance's knees felt weak, like jelly.

"H-Hi..what's up..?" Lance stuttered out, cursing himself silently for stuttering. He doesn't wanna scare Keith away.

Keith raised an eyebrow before shrugging. "So, I talked to the team, they said some things that uh..I dunno, concerned me?.." he said, questioning himself.

"Oh? What was it?" Lance asks, putting his hand on his hip.

"They said you've been distant lately. Less talkative than usual, not flirting with Allura-"

"I flirt with Allura?!" Lance interrupts, shocking Keith. Oh shit, he wasn't meant to say that.

"Uh..yeah? And you're usually the most talkative in our group." Keith said, stepping into the room and staring Lance down.

Lance felt a heat rise in his stomach. His face was starting to flush awkwardly. Well, maybe he could tell at least one person about his issue. He grabs Keith by the arm and yanks him into his room before closing the door. Just as Keith opened his mouth to say something Lance covered his mouth with his hand.

"I lost my memories." He finally admitted after quintants of suffering the confusion and pain of knowing near nothing. Keith stared at him blankly before pushing Lance's hand off of his mouth.

"You're kidding right? Lance this isn't a joke." Keith scolded, crossing his arms again and frowning. When Lance didn't answer, he pursed his lips. "Lance..?"

Lance bit his bottom lip and turned his head. "I got hit in a fight with the Galra and..ended up losing my memories. You're the only one who knows..-" Lance was cut off by being taken into a tight hug. Now, Lance was red.

"Why don't you tell anyone else? We can help you Lance." Keith asked, pulling away and placing his hands on Lance's shoulders.

"Well technically, they found out on their own but they forgot." Lance said. Keith scowled, clutching his hands into fists, getting a tight hold of Lance's jacket.

"I'm sorry. I should've been here. We have to tell the team about your memories..maybe they got stuck in the red lion when you got hit. Allura or Pidge can extract them and return them to y-"

"I don't want them back. I'm already overwhelmed with everything as it is. It's hard enough I have to learn more about the team but pressuring them because I lost my memory? I don't wanna-"

"Lance! I know you're struggling but this, this is war we're dealing with! You need to remember! For us! For the team! For- for me! How are we going to form voltron if you don't know anything about us or yourself! We can't form voltron without you Lance!"

"Is that all you care about? Forming voltron?" Lance questions, peeling Keith's hands from his shoulders. "I said I don't want them back!" Lance's giddy feeling was slowly fading.

"What?- Lance- no Lance no I don't just care about voltron!" Keith grabbed Lance's hand just as he started to back away from him. "W-What about your family? You don't remember them! You don't remember me.." Keith whisper-shouted, mumbling the last bit as quietly as he could, luckily Lance hadn't heard it.

"What- what's a family?" Lance questioned, trying to get his hand back from Keith's grip. Keith stared at Lance, eyes wide.

Lance pursed his lips, looking down at his feet and going completely silent. "Lance..you have to let us try to get your memories back..You won't be able to keep up this act forever.." Keith pulled Lance closer so he can't run away, not that he could anyway.