"Well I'm glad you could make it either way." I hugged the man.

"Are we the first ones here?" Steve asked. I nodded and led them into the main rooms where the party was being held. Everything was set up an everything was perfect. There was a knock at the door and Cooper, his wife, Nate and Laura came in.

"Alright?" Nate asked as I high fived him. The young boy I once knew had grown into a handsome young man with impeccable humour. "What time is aunty Nat coming?" He asked.

"Half an hour, the others best get a wriggle on if they want to be here before her." I gave Cooper a hug as I continued to smile at Nate. It was cute how they all still called her aunty Nat. All of Clint's kids had grown up to be polite and helpful but I had to admit Nate held a bit of a soft spot due to just how sweet he was.

The next to turn up was Tony, Pepper and Morgan accompanied by Rodey and Bruce. They greeted us with happy smiles and hugs.

"You look amazing." Pepper complimented me.

"I could say they same about you Pep." Despite having a child and the stress of being married to Tony the woman had aged flawlessly.

"Have you heard from Haz?" I asked Morgan. She shook her head. "No worries."

It didn't take much longer for the rest of the family to turn up and we waited for the main woman of the party to arrive. All of the guests waited in the room where the dance floor was I waited by the back door. Haz had insisted Nat wear a blind fold to get up the drive way and into the house so she didn't ruin the surprise. Of course Nat knew there was something going on just not exactly what it was. So Clint and my daughter guided her through the kitchen and into the room where the others were waiting.

"3...2...1!" I whispered in her ear and slid off her blind fold. The party guests cheered.

"Happy birthday!"

Nat's face grew with a bright smile and a gentle laugh left her mouth. "Thank you." She pulled me into a hug. "Thank you!" She turned to the others.

The greeting and hugging and catching up began as Wanda and I passed around glasses of champagne and juice. Soft music played in the background as I joyed my wife as she spoke to Sam and his wife. I slipped my hand around her waist to hold her close as I listened to Sam's story.

"...and her teacher obviously wasn't very happy but I'm not really sure what I was meant to do you know? She's my daughter so of course I'm going to defend her... she a mini me and that means she's just as stubborn."

"I know what you mean." Natasha laughed and cast a glance over to Harriet who was messing around with Wanda, Clint and Laura. I looked in the other direction and saw Bruce and Steve in conversation. I could here Yelena's accent between the murmurs of conversation and Tony's laugh coming from the other side of the room.

"I'm gonna go and see Tony." I told my wife. I squeezed between Maria and Fury who were catching up with Carol and joined Tony and Morgan who were talking to Cooper and Lila. "Hey." I smiled.

"Running smoothly so far? This place is gorgeous." Morgan beamed.

"Yeah so far so good."

"Guess this engagement is gonna make us family." Tony elbowed me playfully.

"Unfortunately." I teased. But of course that was a lie. I loved Tony and Pepper, since I'd joined the avengers they had always looked out for me and made sure I was alright. They supported me through the hard times and for that I was grateful. Our daughters didn't need to be getting married to make them family. Which I guess was good because it is pretty common for inlaws not to get on. But that's the thing with the lot of us, despite the arguments and fights we always found a way back to each other in the end and that would never change.