Pt 5 Chapter 28 - A letter of truth

Y/n's POV

The following day I woke up with a headache. As I yawned my eyes fluttered open to find my wife staring at me. Her face relaxed and peaceful. Our eyes met in the dim crack of light that cast from our curtains, it illuminated her lips as a smile spread across them. Nat's arm was still laid across my waist where I had fallen asleep in her arms. That's when I realised I didn't have anything on. She moved her legs to untangle them from mine as her hand found mine. I looked down at her fingers as they intertwined with mine, finding their place. Her fingers slowly brushed against mine as I felt the calmness wash over me.

"Morning." She whispered just loud enough for me to hear.

"Were you watching me?"

"Hm." She hummed in response, closing her eyes for just a moment. "I wish we could just stay here forever."

"Mamma!" Harriet called, interrupting our blissful silence.

"Give me a second!" I called to my daughter. "I'll go." I smiled, looking down at my sleepy wife. She really was the most gorgeous person I'd ever met. She held tightly onto my hand, wanting me to stay under the covers beside her. She was always cuddly the night after a party.

"I won't be long." I smiled and she nodded slowly. Her eyes closed and I slipped out of the bed. I pulled a jumper and shorts on before going to find my daughter. Harriet stood at the top of the stairs looking down into the living room.

"What is it?" I frowned, feeling rather confused.

"What's that?" She asked, pointing at the big lump on the sofa. It was a mix of pillows and blankets and a half eaten bowl of crisps. I let out a laugh.

"That's aunty Yelena, she stayed the night and fell asleep on the sofa."

"Oh!" Harriet said quickly before heading off downstairs.

"Where are you going?" I followed her wishing for her to change her mind and go back to bed.

"To make her breakfast!" Harriet replied without a care in the world.

"Don't you think we should let her sleep a little longer? Maybe you can go play in your room." I suggested as I pictured myself in Nat's strong arms.

"Yeah we will let her sleep longer, I'll wake her up once breakfast is ready. Mummy you can be very silly sometimes." She persisted and tugged on my finger as she led me past my curled up sister-in-law.

"That's because I'm tired pumpkin." I yawned, taking a seat at the island in the kitchen. Harriet used her stool to get bowls out of the top cupboard and then to get the cereal from another. She poured four bowls of cereal and then filled them with milk. She then got cups and filled them with orange juice from the fridge. She did it all carefully and quietly, occasionally dashing to the living room to make sure she hadn't woken yelena. Once her 'magical' breakfast was ready she went to get her.

I watched as Harriet crept up quietly on the blonde. "Careful." I whispered, if she was anything like her sister she wouldn't react the best to being woken up.

Harriet whispered her name, gradually getting louder. "Aunty Yelena!" She ended up yelling as she tapped the womans arm.

Yelena sat up right, a pillow in hand aimed at Haz. My daughter stumbled back in shock.

"Oh sorry little one." Yelena lowered her pillow.

"I made breakfast!" Haz said proudly.

"Oh thank you! I'm starving!" Yelena rubbed her eyes and got up. "Morning." She smiled at me. We headed to the kitchen as Harriet ran upstairs to get Nat and Wanda.