جھوٹ | Lies

Chapter 24.

A political affidavit, signed and sealed, ready to be mailed out into the federal city of the country sat on his desk. Even in the depth of the foggy night, the cursive handwriting, the black ink smeared into the manilla envelope was clear as day. A stamp from the minister's house, a wax seal shut it off. Only for the rulers of the country to see and marvel at. A conspiracy, a tyrannical mutiny against his personal institution would have to be paid for. The court, the law, the constitution — the holy trinity of any democracy protected him ; gave him the right to have anything and everything at his disposal for protection.

For the first time in weeks the weather in Mushkpur was tame. The howling winds, torrential downpour of hail and rain stopped, the damage to the huts and shelters evaluated before the report was presented to him. Tonight in the blank abyss there was nothing save for a low hanging moon, peaking at the world — marveling from behind the twig like branches. There were the stars, most of whom showered in the dark and still had nothing but light to give the others ; though had dimmed and were on their way to a demise, their life extinct already in the centre. Then of course, was the final show — the last act the preparing words and shroud from the moon's trusted savior, the Earth. She covered herself, in a thin translucence. A gentle fog spread through her moors and deserts, a funeral for the incoming.

Routines like a gentle grace, had made their way into the lives of the newly weds. They were settling in no doubt, getting used to the presence of the other. Nothing was more terrifying than to start living with another person — someone with their own thoughts and faiths, believes and morals. Yet somehow, they had lived until now in harmony seldom destroyed. They woke up together and spent a few moments in peace soaking up the time they had like dried sponges before leaving. Their evenings were soothing, music played as the two worked on their tasks for they day before dinner. A walk in the gardens behind the estate, through the soft moors, with hands that they could not keep off of each other. Ah routines! It was marvelous the affect they had, through their magic had they been able to preserve a bond with care — surprising quite a few.

Raven locks of softly curled hair danced in the wind after having successfully escaped the loose braid in her hair. Filza pushed them behind her ear every now and then, her small hands covered wholly by the large sleeves of Arham's sweater, a thick shawl wrapped around her shoulders for extra protection. The tip of her round nose shrugged upwards, the icy air had turned it completely red. Her hands, one in the deep pockets of her trousers and the other in his palm, she walked by his side. Their strides could not have been more different she thought, admiring his powerful gait. Meanwhile her own steps sounded softly on the cobblestone pathway, the sounds of cars driving by in the near distance ; creatures of the night spilling into the roads for their merciless hunts. One of these days, she was sure, they would come face to face with a monster and she only hoped Arham was strong enough to fight it.

Giggling at her own thoughts, the visuals of him fighting a black bear more funny than she had anticipated, she could not help but rub her nose into his bicep. His warm skin instantly melted the frost off of her nose, eyes hooded with desire staring down at her direction.

"You seem to be all about smiles today zarrgiya. What is it? The reason behind the spring on your face?"

He stared at her with bashful passion, his fingers stroking her chin as they stood, still in the middle of the garden. Surrounded by tall bushes of Hydrangea's and grass, with nothing but gas lanterns to keep them company. Cut off from the world he could care less for it's need. In front of him was his entire world anyways — why would he fear the absence of everyone else. He tilted his head, his hazel eyes brushing against her green ones, the air turning to thin fire at the contact.