CHAPTER 27 || Her

Start from the beginning

"Minji, finally you are here!" Miyoung exclaimed as she grabbed the girl's arm.

"Did you guys just tell everyone about this?!" Minji asked them, her eyes filled with disbelief.

They must have their own reasons, right? They did not intend do this, right?

"This dumbass texted her boyfriend about it." Sera pointed at Miyoung while rolling her eyes.

"Why would you do that...?" Minji pouted.

"I only told him because he is my boyfriend, we promised not to keep secrets from each other..."

"But you also promised me to keep this secret for me." Minji bit her lips.

"Okay... I am sorry..."

"At least this is not something to be shared with everyone, I think you should understand this—"

"Aish Minji ah, it's fine, we are going to tell the teachers today anyway, everyone will know it at last." Sera patted her shoulder, as if nothing had happened.

"Let's go now, we will find Miss Cho with you."

"You are right I guess..." Minji lowered her head and followed the two girls to teachers' office.

———

"Everything will be fine now." Minji told herself in the mind, subconsciously playing with her fingers.

The meeting room was silent. Teachers were in the room, Minji and her two friends were in the room. All of them were waiting for that particular person.

With a faint knock on the door entered a decent-looking gentleman. The rectangular frame held two pieces of glass in position, below the glasses showed a heartwarming smile. The man's hair was tidily brushed backward with perfect amount of gel. His suit was perfectly neat with shirt tucked inside his pants. The dark blue coat matched the colour of his suitcase. Sweat dropped from his head as he panted after sitting on the chair he was told to.

"I am so sorry, I was having a meeting just now." The man took out a piece of handkerchief and wiped away the drops on his head.

All of his actions suggested elegance, manners, he was nothing but a hardworking and home-caring breadwinner.

Minji clenched onto her skirt.

"What? The bruises?! Oh...yea I am sorry this bothers you. Indeed I did punished her some days ago, because she came home unexpectedly late without answering any of my phone calls, I was worried as hell." The man frowned.

"She said she went to the arcade! Alone!! A girl this young!! Who knows what will happen to her?!! She would not even tell me if I didn't go harsh on her." He explained with worries filling among words, eyes turning watery.

"I know this is not right, but...this is my only method to punish her for being too rebellious. She doesn't have a mother since she was young... It's so hard to make her listen to me when I am working all day... I know I should have done better, but I hope you all understand my hardship..."

What a wonderful explanation.

"Minji ah, this time it's your fault. You should always listen to your father and at least inform him where you were going. " Miss Cho turned to the girl with furrowed brows.

"Do you know how much your father would worry about you?!" She pierced into Minji's soul, the girl gulped.

"N—no, I didn't—"