'How was the first period, Alexandra?' I read the message sent by Elio, before my eyes moved to the other messages from everyone.

'We have history together. Where are you?' Ares' message read, a smile growing on my face at having my brother in the same class as me.

At least I'll finally have someone to talk to and I won't be a loner.

As I read the rest of the messages from my family, asking about first period and if anyone had bothered me, I quickly typed in a reply, leaving out the part about the students in my first class.

'No, no one had bothered me so far, and the first period was fine, the teacher wasn't the nicest but I guess he's okay. And I'm already at History, there aren't many seats left so you should get here faster, class is about to start soon.' I sent the message and switched off my phone, before putting it in my bag.

A while later, the door to the classroom opened, and entered Ares, just seconds before the bell rang.

He walked towards me, ignoring the very obvious googly eyes from the girls, "Hey, how'd you get here?" he asked, taking a seat on the empty chair to my right.

"A friend offered to bring me, so I accepted it." I said with a shrug.

Ares narrowed his eyes at me, as if I had done something wrong and my leg immediately started bouncing, "Was this friend a boy?"

I frowned, "Yeah, why?"

"What do you mean why? He's a boy. Who knows what his intentions are." He muttered the last bit to himself, but I had heard it.

"Ares, he was the only one that offered to bring me here. Plus, his class was on the same floor." I reasoned with him, watching as he leaned on his chair and crossed his arms above his chest.

"I was coming to get you anyways." He replied, his lips settling into a straight line.

"Ares, it's fine. You were held back by the teacher." I replied and took a cookie from him.

I don't know why or how he got the cookie since he didn't like sweets at all, but since he's not going to eat it... who else will?

He was going to start protesting, but the voice of Ms Stephens telling us to pay attention, made him shut his mouth, before resting his head on the table and falling asleep.

I guess sleeping in class runs in the family, or maybe it's just a twin thing.

❦ ❦ ❦

I was now making my way to my last lesson before lunch, which was Advanced English. Being smart meant having to take Advanced classes, and I hated it. It was so difficult catching up with everything, but I didn't care about it before, because I had to get the top grades to get a scholarship so I could get out of that horrible place I once lived in.

A groan of frustration left my lips as I looked around the empty hallways, I was late to class, again.

I huffed in annoyance, rotating the map to see if I could somehow find the way to English. I scanned every corner of the paper, but it was useless. I had to believe that this was my 3rd time being lost in this enormous private school.

I give up. I'll just go to the school office and ask Macy for help.

I turned around, where my body collided with a hard chest, making me drop my phone and folder on the floor.

"I'm so sorry!" I immediately apologized, before moving my head up, to look into a pair of emerald green eyes, my own widening at bumping into the same person twice in a day.