~ Cheek kisses ~

"Rise and shine, Skippy!" Elaine yelled, yanking her hair into a tight braid

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Rise and shine, Skippy!" Elaine yelled, yanking her hair into a tight braid. Richie only groaned, pulling the blankets higher over his head. She strode over to her dresser, noticing Richie was still sound asleep. An idea sprung to her mind. "Don't look; I'm changing," she sang, Richie's head instantly popping out from under the covers.

"What, where?" he asked, searching for his glasses."Get up, you perv!" She yelled yet again. "But your bed is so comfy!" He groaned, finally standing up when she pulled the warm covers to the floor. "What if I was naked?" He argued, though Elaine wasn't listening, stumbling around to put socks on.

"We've got to go, the boys are waiting for us at Eddie's." "Screw them, I'd rather stay here with you." He sat back down on the bed. "C'mon," She attempted reasoning with him. "No but seriously, why do I have to go!" He complained. "Richie, how many times do I have to tell you? For Bill." She walked over to her dresser, pulling out some more clothes he'd left.

With time, all of Richie's things just began to pile up. Even so, Elaine had fixed him a drawer of his own. "Why do you have to be so nice all the time?" He sighed, taking the clothes from her. "It's not that hard, I thought maybe you'd pick up on it." He walked to the bathroom looking unamused. "And I thought maybe you'd have a better sense of humour, but here we are."

Elaine rolled her eyes at him, eager to leave. "You ready?" "Do we have to?" He groaned, dropping down beside her, his head making it's way to her lap. "Yes, now get up." She pushed him off, helping him up to stand. "I was relaxing, Laine." Richie whined again. Ignoring him, Elaine walked downstairs sliding her red converse on.

"Mom, Dad, I'm leaving!" She yelled from her front door, Richie struggling to get his shoes on behind her. But still, she heard no response from them. Finally getting his shoes on, Richie pulled Elaine out the door. He didn't need her to get upset so early on in the day. "They probably didn't hear you." He lied, trying to reassure her as they grabbed their bikes off the lawn.

The ride to Eddie's was pretty quiet, just the sounds of their bikes riding down the pavement street's. Surprising right? Richie was almost always talking, whereas with Elaine, he was a different person. For once, he didn't need to talk. Silence was enough. Once they'd arrived at the Kasprak's, unlike at Elaine's, they carefully placed their bikes on the sidewalk.

Mrs. Kasprak really hated it when they left them on the lawn. Richie loudly flung the front door open with no filter, "Hey girls, I'm here!" He yelled, making his way into the kitchen. Her face red, Elaine quickly shut the door behind him, murmuring an apology to Mrs. Kasprak who seemed to like her for now.

"It's alright, hun." She smiled, zoning back in to watching her show. I mean, it was hard not to like Elaine. If anything, Mrs. Kasprak felt bad for the girl. Why would someone as smart and sweet as her want to stick with a bunch of Losers? "Thank god, I'm starving!" Richie exaggerated, opening a cupboard as Elaine made her way into the kitchen.

"Take everything but the delicious deals, guys, my mom loves those things." He instructed, shoving food into his bag. Elaine sat down at the table beside Stanley, greeting the curly-haired boy with pursed lips. "I mean, first your saying the barrens and now the sewers? What if we get caught?" Eddie rambled nervously.

"We won't get caught, it's public works. We're the p-public aren't we?" Bill fended, leaning into the doorway. "Hey, Eddie, these your birth control pills?" Richie snarked, shaking yet another orange bottle of pills. "Yeah, I'm saving 'em for your sister." Eddie retorted, yanking the pills from the taller boy's grip. Elaine furrowed her eyebrows at the reply, Richie didn't have a sister.

The group started to leave but Mrs. Kasprak was quick to stop them. "Eddie Bear, where are you kids off to in such a hurry?" "W-We're just going t-to my backyard Mrs. K, I g-got a new..." Bill's voice froze, trying to make up an excuse. "-A new croquet set. Jeez, spit out B-B-Bill." Richie sighed, finishing the sentence for his friend.

"Okay, well remember, don't go rolling around in the grass if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get." Mrs. Kasprak told her son, Bill, Stan and Richie holding back laughs at her words. They went to leave but the older woman stopped them again. "Aren't you forgetting something?" Eddie sighed, looking down as he walked over to his mother.

He placed a kiss on her cheek, the boys around him erupting with laughter. He did his best to push them out the door but Richie stuck his head out from the other side, "Do you want one from me too Mrs. K?" Eddie quickly pulled him back outside. "Sorry mommy." He slammed the door, the three boys continuing to laugh hysterically.

"Stop laughing!" Eddie yelled annoyed. "You still call your mom, mommy!" Richie laughed, Elaine sending him a small glare. "He's just being a jerk, Eds. Don't listen to him." She reassured, the smaller boy sending her a smile. "That's not what you said last night, but okay." Richie sighed, mounting his bike. Elaine rolled her eyes, nothing had even happened the night before.

"At least someone appreciates me, thank god for Elaine." Eddie grinned as the group peddled towards the sewers. As they grew closer, Elaine couldn't hide her discomfort, groaning audibly at the unpleasant scent. Eddie did the same, wrinkling his nose in disgust. "I am not going in there,"

"How does it smell all the way from here?" Stan groaned, covering his nose. "That's just you," Richie laughed, hiding his Bike behind a bush. The rest of them did the same, following the stream that led to the opening of the sewers. "That's poison ivy, that's poison, ivy and that's poison ivy," Stanly jittered, pointing towards the many weeds surrounding the group.

"What, where?" Eddie croaked, jumpier than ever. Elaine clung to Richie, not wanting to walk in any of it either. "Nowhere, not every fucking plant is poison ivy Stanley," Richie growled, annoyed. He grabbed a hold of Elaine's hand squeezing it in reassurance as they approached the entrance to the sewers.

Elaine looked into the deep tunnel, gulping at the sudden darkness inside. The boys clicked on their flashlights and began to peer deeper inside the water-filled tunnel. Bill and Richie went in first, Stanley, Eddie and Elaine standing unsure by the entrance. "You coming, Fitz?" Richie stuck his hand out for the girl to take. She shivered, what had she gotten herself into?