I grumbled and stomped outside the glass doors.  Ace's blue-green eyes widened slightly and then waved a hand out as if to say stop.

Now I'm like Bruce Lee, Jet Li, and Jackie Chan combined, but an American with a pair of what I call "Eye Candy for Boys".  Except that my super kung-fu powers weren't helping me that day. 

"Are you afraid of me?" I asked.  He shook his head and smirked but I went on and continued. "Because stalking someone at the mall is really creepy.  And I tend to beat the crap out of creeps, you know."  I advanced towards him and grabbed his shirt collar...to see black ink on it.  Oh shit.  I left the store with the unpaid skinny jeans.

Ace scratched his blond hair.  "Yeah, you're probably going to get into trouble," he stated flatly. 

I face palmed myself.  "No shit, Sherlock," I moaned.  I could see the mall cops coming towards me.  How could I accidentally shoplift?  And the ink-tag popped, too.  "Still, why the hell were you staring at me!"

Ace shook his head as if the answer was so simple.  "I was passing by and I wasn't sure if it was you, so I stopped to check."  Crap, that was a legitimate reason...  "Well, bye!" Ace waved cheerfully.  I knotted my eyebrows together as he continued to stand there.

"Uh, are you going?" I asked.  He shook his hair out of his face as a no.

"You are, miss." I heard a male voice behind me and cool metal handcuffs snapped onto my wrists.  "Please let go of the jeans, too."  I sighed, gave them to him, and let the cop take me to wherever the mall cops sat around.

"You suck ass," I muttered to Ace.  Ace grinned and his face lit up.

"Wait, you'd let me suck your ass?" he asked excitedly.  I baby-barfed into my mouth slightly.  Let me tell you that I don't do that often.  Glaring at Ace, I flipped him off.  I don't do that often either.

***The Present***

"Hey there, you naughty girl,"  Ace winked.  I ignored him and walked out of the police office.  Smoothing out my shirt, I took out my phone to call up on Brayden and check on the rest of my friends. 

"Hi Brayden," I said while my face flushed red.

"Hey Kat," he concernedly replied.  "What the heck happened at the store?  I was really worried that you either : never recovered from the hangover last night, or Ace was a super prick and did who know what to get you into trouble."  I laughed and started walking along the mall rail to look down on the first level of shops.

"Um, no to both.  I was just stupid and forgot I was holding an unpaid item when I was about  to yell at Ace."  Brayden sighed and clucked mock disapproval.

"Now who taught you to yell at boys when you had a hunch that they were being creepy?"

Blushing furiously, I muttered, "Maybe my mom did."  Ace cleared his throat behind me and rested his head on his hand over the railing.

"Then she's one hell of a mom," Brayden complimented.  I giggled again only to have Ace pretend to have a choke attack.  Looking back, he was clutching his throat and gagging horribly.  I swear that some people were pulling out their phones to call an ambulance.

"Thanks Bray-Bray!  Hey, I have to go.  I have a ride home okay?  So don't worry about me."  I hung up quickly and grabbed Ace's arm.

Ace caught his breath and rubbed hands together.  "Sorry.  I dozed off and dreamt that I was choking on some mozzarella because your conversation with Brayden was so cheesy."  I glared at him but felt my cheeks heat up anyways.  "I'm fine everyone!" Ace shouted.  He held his arms up in the process and gave a dazzling smile with a wink.